Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002700003
- Closing Date: 21 June 2019
- A Senior Financial Analyst, Nationwide for Business in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary - £42,370 to £61,201 a year (dependant on current salary and banding) based on a 35 hours a week, permanent contract
- Send in your application by 21st June 2019
We believe that the financial needs of small businesses are underserved in the UK and we’re looking to provide a mutual alternative in the business banking market.
This is a chance to be involved in something brand new, where you’ll help to shape an evolving business with innovative propositions.
Reporting to and supporting the Finance Business Partner, you will help to establish the Financial Management team’s processes for both Income and Cost management for the new Nationwide for Business community. Initially this will involve supporting the finance integration of the new Nationwide for Business core banking platform into Nationwide’s Financial systems and establishing the BAU reporting processes for the new products and business area. The role will progress from working in a ‘build environment’, to supporting the running of and reporting for the new community once the proposition is live. In addition, following Nationwide for Business successfully securing £50m from the Capability and Innovation Fund, there will be additional external quarterly reporting to Banking Competition Remedies Ltd as well as a variety of reporting to support various third parties.
This diverse role will be part of a small team with a broad range of responsibilities and activities. The successful candidate will lead on many different areas due to the pace of development of both Nationwide for Business and its new Financial Management team. In addition, you will work with FP&A to support stress testing and financial planning in tandem with achieving key project milestones and preparing for various product launch phases.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have:
- Experience of income forecasting, including margin
- Experience of income reporting, analysis and insight to support establishing new Financial Management processes
- Stress testing / financial planning experience
- Good analytical skills and excellent Excel skills
- QRM and income reporting experience
- Experience of cost forecasting and management across different types of business areas and stakeholders
- Knowledge of project forecasting and operational cost centres
- Experience of working directly with the business areas and challenging appropriately
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders
- Good communication skills
It would be nice if you:
- Are a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with experience of working as a finance business partner.
- Are able to successfully juggle your working priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and ensuring that the needs of our customers are met.
What you'll be doing
This a fast paced and agile environment where you’ll help to build and design new propositions and customer journeys for a brand-new venture.
You’ll need to be prepared to show flexibility and work with momentum. We’re looking for a collaborator who can deliver at pace and can listen and absorb quickly, but is also able to challenge effectively to drive the right outcomes.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.