Third Party Commercial Manager
Third Party Commercial Manager
- Location: Central London, UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002700013
- Closing Date: 22 November 2019
We’re looking for a strategic thinker with proven commercial acumen to be part of the team managing our complex range of 3rd parties from core banking platform suppliers to proposition partners who will help us enable great new innovative services for business banking customers.
• Third Party Commercial Manager – based in London full time
• Salary range £50,840 to £73,436 dependent on suitable experience
• Permanent position working 35 hours per week across 4-5 days
• Please submit your application by 22nd November
Nationwide for business is a new business unit within the Society that is building a new business banking proposition for our members. Working with greenfield technology with a lean start up mentality as we build market leading propositions for small businesses working with a number of leading edge third parties.
Nationwide for business will provide the best of the latest digital technology combined with the uniqueness of our people and branch service as we look to disrupt the business banking market.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Mastercard Scheme rules and compliance and experience in translating technical requirements into business solutions
- Contract and commercial relationship management experience
• Previously been in a role where you demonstrated successful 3rd party partnering ideally in Financial services
• Demonstrable strategy delivery experience
• Knowledge of the banking and payments industry including schemes and industry bodies
• Suitable numeracy and analytical skills
• The ability to collaborate across an organisation
• Finessed your influencing technique, through your exposure to various senior stakeholders across an organisation
• Strong leadership and management skills
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
What you'll be doing
You’ll review and analyse current and future updates to Mastercard Scheme rules recommending appropriate action to ensure Nationwide for business remains compliant.
You’ll lead and manage 3rd party commercial arrangements across a multitude and wide range of 3rd parties working with the latest technology and building new commercial relationships.
You’ll be working in an agile way and helping to build a new business bank combining the best of Nationwide with the new and existing third parties to provide a market leading proposition for small businesses.
You’ll be at forefront of the society’s strategy to enter new markets and differentiate and diversify its business lines.
• Mastercard Scheme compliance, recommending appropriate action to ensure Nationwide for business remains compliant
- Manage multiple commercial and contractual agreements, maintaining strong and successful relationships with our strategic and 3rd party suppliers across our end to end business banking proposition
• Working in a new agile way ensuring that we get the most out of this wide and complex range of 3rd parties with appropriate commercial and contractual management reflecting agile ways of working and respecting the numerous FinTechs we will be working with
• Help ensure that the commercial success of NfB is achieved in collaboration and in conjunction with the success of our 3rd party partners
• Collaborate and influence other areas, internally and externally to ensure agreement to our 3rd party commercial plans
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday per year
• London location allowance - £4,687 per annum
• Individual healthcare cover
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.