Customer Servicing Operations Manager
Customer Servicing Operations Manager
- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002700018
- Closing Date: 20 September 2019
• Customer Servicing Operations Manager
• Based in London with an additional £4,687 London allowance
• Salary range £42,000 – 47,000 per year, dependent on your skills and experience
• Initially a 12-18 month opportunity
• Please apply before Fri 20th Sep, we might close the advert sooner if lots of great people apply
We think small businesses are overlooked in the UK. We want to provide products that give real & lasting benefit to small businesses. We’re called Nationwide for business.
As a Customer Servicing Operations Manager at Nationwide for business, you’ll be part of a brand-new journey. As it is very early days, you’ll help build & shape our customer support function as well as lead with the resourcing of our new customer servicing team.
As the customer base starts to grow it’s expected that your role will then evolve into a more traditional Operations Manager albeit in the context of a fast paced agile environment where change is a constant. You’ll manage resources and operational performance to ensure that the team is appropriately set up to successfully support our business banking customers, as well as drive a continuous improvement culture.
We want to be honest and upfront – London may not be a long-term base location for our Operations. As we move at pace, we will need flexibility and so initially this is a 12-18 month position.
Currently we’re looking for this role to cover shifts between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday. As our customer base grows we may need to consider extending our customer servicing availability.
Who we're looking for
To carry out this role successfully you’ll:
• Have worked in an operational environment before where you’ve been responsible for resource and operational performance
• Be used to effective planning and forecasting techniques
• Have managed continuous improvement activities both directly and through others
• Have had previous experience of helping to shape/develop or improve service
• Be naturally customer focused and keen to deliver a service, not just complete a process
• Be adaptable and able to demonstrate that you welcome change and can manage ambiguity within a role
• Thrive on problem-solving and be used to a fast-paced change driven environment
• Be an excellent communicator used to working with a wide range of stakeholders and have experience of influencing regardless of seniority
• Know how to plan ahead and manage ever changing and conflicting demands
What you'll be doing
You’ll help build, develop and implement brand new operational systems, frameworks and controls. You’ll need to get up to speed quickly with Digital Operations and you’ll be using the latest technologies to ensure our business banking customers get a game changing service led experience.
You’ll be with us right at the start as the first Nationwide for business customers are brought in. Initially you’ll be leading the resourcing of our customer servicing function, ensuring we bring in people with the right experience and attitude.
As our customer base grows and service features evolve, we expect your role to focus on ensuring we are able to provide the right level of service to our customers when they require. Predominately this will be through resource planning and operational performance management.
You’ll be seen as an expert in operational planning and forecasting and there will be times when your expertise will be required on activity across the business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• London Weighting allowance of £4,687 gross per annum
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.