Operational Governance and Control Manager
Operational Governance and Control Manager
- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002700019
- Closing Date: 20 September 2019
• Operations Governance and Controls Manager
• Based in London with an additional £4,687 London allowance
• Salary range £42,000 - £47,000 per year, dependent on your skills and experience
• Initially a 12-18 month opportunity
• Please apply before Fri 20th Sep, we might close the advert sooner if lots of great people apply
We think small businesses are overlooked in the UK. We want to provide products that give real & lasting benefit to small businesses. We’re called Nationwide for business.
As an Operations Governance and Controls Manager at Nationwide for business, you’ll be part of a brand-new journey. As it is very early days, you’ll help build & shape our customer support function by implementing appropriate risk management and controls mechanisms.
As the customer base starts to grow you’ll ensure robust internal controls are in place and able to withstand scrutiny internally and with external regulators.
We want to be honest and upfront – London may not be a long-term base location for our Operations. As we move at pace, we will need flexibility and so initially this is a 12-18 month position.
Currently we’re looking for this role to be conducted in shifts between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday. As our customer base grows we may need to consider extending our customer servicing availability.
Who we're looking for
To carry out this role successfully you’ll:
• Have been in a role before which required knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory frameworks
• Have had previous experience of implementing/developing governance and controls into a regulated environment
• Be adaptable and able to demonstrate that you welcome change and can manage ambiguity within a role
• Have had exposure to an operational environment
• Be used to a fast-paced change driven environment
• Be used to analysing data to identify gaps/trends and recommend corrective action
• Have a strong knowledge of governance issues, business risk management concepts and methodologies, and understanding of business risk developments
• Be an excellent communicator used to working with a wide range of stakeholders and have experience of influencing regardless of seniority
• Know how to plan ahead and manage ever changing and conflicting demands
What you'll be doing
You’ll be with us right at the start as we build brand new operational systems and the first Nationwide for business customers are brought in. Your role will be critical to ensure the highest levels of governance and controls are established quickly and robustly.
As our customer base grows and service features evolve, you’re continually review governance and business controls in line with legal and regulatory requirements. You’ll provide fact based opinions on whether the processes meet the needs of the customer.
You’ll be seen as an expert in your field and there will be times when your expertise will be required on activity across the business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• London Weighting allowance of £4,687 gross per annum
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.