Delivery Value Manager
Delivery Value Manager
- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002700037
- Closing Date: 11 December 2019
Nationwide for business Agile PMO Lead
Salary – Competitive (including London allowance)
There’s never been a better time to us…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting journey to provide a mutual ‘Business Banking’ alternative in the UK market. We believe (and our members tell us!) that the needs of small businesses are underserved and so this provides a unique opportunity to deliver legendary service and products to individuals and SME businesses alike, whilst remaining focused on Building Society. We’ve an exciting and ambitious roadmap of financial products, tools and services aimed at making the financial lives of the UK’s small businesses easier (see our public commitments here https://bcr-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Pool-B-%C2%A350M-Nationwide-Building-Society-Public-Commitments.pdf ), with great value and the leading service we’re known for
And that’s where you come in…
Joining us at the start of our unique journey and working in a start up environment with the latest technology, you’ll be pivotal in helping to shape a new business, brand and Banking proposition.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be capable to lead and drive the Agile Enterprise PMO function for Nationwide for Business (Nfb) towards industry best practice in agile PMO ways of working, behaviours and toolsets. With extensive experience and knowledge to provide expert advice and guidance to Delivery Manager & Delivery Leads to enable the effective delivery and sound governance of Nfb.
In addition to deep Programme Delivery and PMO experience, the candidate will be accountable for;
• Monitor multiple complex agile delivery plans, including proactive tracking of OKR’s, outcomes, dependencies and ensuring resource demand is accurate and raised in a timely manner
• Influence team leadership to ensure effective resource, demand and supply management, and to ensure that resource is allocated to the right place at the right time leading the prioritisation of initiative / demand / resource
• Proactively identifies, communicates and resolves a multitude of highly complex risks and issues, as well as assessment and applying continuous improvement measures to inflight delivery stream initiatives, post programme / project reviews and directly into methodologies
• Accountable for working with Risk Community to run an effective delivery and operational/conduct risk management process and implement mechanisms (such as risk management plans) to ensure that team* adheres to prescribed RAIDA & change control standards and within required guardrails
• Accountable for setting up, governing and undertaking a high number of complex delivery and governance assurance forums/reviews and identify issues related to the health of change initiatives delivery, make recommendations and influence key senior stakeholders to ensure that actions are put in place to remedy and ensure these are tracked to completion
So, we’ll need you to demonstrate…………………………….
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain decisions confidently and clearly
• Extensive experience of working across multiple communities
• Excellent business acumen and knowledge of Nationwide / Financial Services
• Excellent negotiating, networking and influencing skills
• Extensive knowledge of Agile methodology, ideally Safe and how PMO operates in such an environment
• Significant experience of ability to grasp complex issues quickly
• Ability to prioritise workload with conflicting priorities and multiple senior stakeholders to satisfy
• Excellent understanding of change control standards and guardrails
• Extensive proven experience of change initiative delivery and wider change methodologies
• Extensive experience in demand, resource, financial and supplier management
• Excellent change initiative intelligence
• Subject matter expert on programme delivery
What you'll be doing
Leading the Agile PMO function of 6-10 resources through the development and delivery of a new digital business banking product to the SME market.
The extras you'll get
As part out our team, you’ll receive…
• An environment where you can learn and progress
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to annual performance related bonus scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme
• London weighting of £4,687 gross per annum
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.