- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002700039
- Closing Date: 12 December 2019
Location: central London (currently Paddington, moving to Holborn early 2020)
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in the experience design team at Nationwide for business. Our design vision is to take the effort out of managing business finances by designing human-centred, inclusive products and services that meet user needs at every stage of running a sustainable business.
Nationwide for business is the business banking arm of Nationwide Building Society. While we’re proud to be part of the society, we’re equally excited at the opportunity to introduce and experiment with new ways of working to make sure Nationwide for business plays in the modern, challenging landscape, so we’re building a new business current account and our own new business from the ground up.
In May 2019, we received a £50m Capability and Innovation Fund (CIF) grant which, matched by £50m of our own funding, we’ll use to bring the fairness and value of mutuality to the banking market for millions of small and mid-sized businesses in the UK. We’ll provide a comprehensive range of banking products to solve real financial problems that are fairly and transparently priced and provide great long-term value, all backed up by our market-leading standards of service.
Who we're looking for
You’ll have a portfolio of work you can talk us through to demonstrate how you design experiences and services to meet user needs, in particular:
- detailed knowledge of the theory and practice of visual and interaction design
- working to design systems and contributing to them
- proficiency in designing for iOS and Android
- creating prototypes of varying levels of fidelity and knowledge of when to use them
- working in collaborative design environments using tools such as Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Invision, Zeplin
- experience working in multi-disciplinary teams in an agile development environment
- use of evidence, data and research to inform your work
- influencing and relationship-building skills with stakeholders at all levels
- how you reconcile customer needs with business needs and technical constraints.
If you can show us any of these, even better:
- Experience of working in design systems that incorporate code or integrate with developer libraries
- Methods used to advocate for design thinking and influence non-designers
- Knowledge of how to design for inclusivity and accessibility
- Experience in motion design or voice-user interface.
What you'll be doing
As a senior product designer at Nationwide for business, you’ll work on the end-to-end journeys in our business banking products and services to help users complete their goals and Nationwide to meet its aims.
You’ll focus on customer-facing digital products – mobile app and browser – and contribute to other products like print collateral and colleague systems.
You’ll work closely with your colleagues in the experience design team – user researchers, service designers, content designers, other product designers – as well as your immediate product and engineering teams to ensure design thinking influences how we scope and shape products.
You’ll create, review, and update digital journeys – flows, interactions, information architecture and visual design – using evidence, data and research to make sure user needs are met in the best way possible while complying with and challenging constraints (e.g. technology, policy, regulatory, financial, legal).
You’ll take responsibility for product design quality and mentoring others in the team. You’ll manage design principles and work to a design system, amending and enhancing it, while making sure product design adheres to all standards and guidelines. You’ll communicate across Nationwide for business to ensure the value of your work and that of the design team is shared and understood.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to annual performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Did you know we’re the world’s largest building society? We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
Why? We’re different. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different.
We’re building our society with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience.
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
So, help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you, providing great career opportunities, development and work life balance.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.