- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002700041
- Closing Date: 24 January 2020
- Based at our new offices in Central London
- Data Engineer within Nationwide for Business
- Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
At Nationwide, we have recently committed to launching a business banking proposition that will shake up the market. A new team “Nationwide for Business” has been established to create and deliver a new account designed to meet the straightforward needs of small and microbusinesses combining fair value with Nationwide’s market-leading service levels.
This proposition will combine innovative digital technology with access to branch service underpinned by our core values of decency, fairness and dependability. Doing the right thing for our customers is at the heart of what we do.
This role will focus on delivering reporting and analytical solutions within Nationwide for Business in support of both small Agile and larger scale project and user delivery.
Combining responsibilities for technical delivery alongside continuous improvement, innovation and automation, this exciting new role will provide the opportunity to work with some cutting-edge technologies.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have experience of data engineering
- Have Experience in a data platform and a broad range of associated technologies, such as Kafka and Terraform
- Be a technical innovator with a curious mindset and a thirst for knowledge and be able to demonstrate a drive for continual improvement
- Have experience of AWS and Cloud.
- Be a strong team player who enjoys and thrives on collaboration across colleagues and teams
- Have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
What you'll be doing
Working within Nationwide for Business, you will form a key part of a team responsible for the implementation of data solutions in support of our strategic objective of simplifying our data landscape and delivery of insight and innovation. Working directly across the team you will help to deliver best practise, innovation and automation within Data.
You will bring a high level of motivation and innovation to the team, always looking for ways to expand your own skill set and searching for ways to do things better, quicker & cheaper.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies