Senior Network Tooling Engineer
Senior Network Tooling Engineer
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002800949
- Closing Date: 26 July 2019
- Senior Network Tooling Engineers in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary up to £61,201 a year (dependent on skills and experience) based on a permanent, 35 hour a week, contract.
- Send in your application by 12/04/2018
We are looking for highly experienced engineers with solid networking background to work within an expanding team, which is supporting our business by delivering innovative management and monitoring tools.
Who we're looking for
If you can answer the following without needing to resort to Google you should apply for this role
- What is the difference between SNMP Trapsand Informs?
- How does ARP work?
- What is the difference between ‘Import’ and ‘From’ in Python?
- What is the difference between SOAP and REST?
- How would you Archive files older than 30 days and remove ones older than 100?
- Can you config virtual hosts on a Apache2 web server?
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have an engineering or computing degree, or equivalent business experience.
- Be experienced with SNMP V3 and API management.
- Have development experience in Python, BASH, Java
- Have working experience of Linux System Management, VMware ESX, Docker and Kubernetes
- Be an approachable team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had implementation, design and support experience of:
- Microfocus NOM Suite (NNMi, NA, BVD)
- Cloud Hosting (AWS, Azure)
- Web Programming / Full stack
- Skybox, Cisco Stealthwatch, Splunk, Thousandeyes
- Cisco ISE and NAC
- InfoBlox DNS and IPAM
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent recent professional qualifications in switching, routing or security.
- ELK stack
What you'll be doing
You will be working within our network tooling teams providing hands on support for your area. Your goal is to prevent incidents occurring, but when the worst happens, restore service in the most pragmatic and efficient way. As well as excellent technical skills you may be required to line manage and coach staff.
You will be working in a highly skilled team, complemented by outsourced resources. Governance is an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and being audited yourself.
You will also be part of an on-call rota (never more than 1 week in 4).
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.