- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002800964
- Closing Date: 02 June 2019
• We are looking for a Network Engineer in our head offices in Swindon.
• Salary up to £28,379 a year based on skills and experience on a permanent 35 hour a week contract.
We are looking for network engineer with an IT background to work within an expanding team, which is supporting our business by delivering innovative networking, tooling and security solutions.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have A levels in Computer Science / Electronics / Maths or Physics.
• Be an approachable team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be desirable if you also had some of the follow skills and experience:
• experience in a networking role or have an Engineering/Science or Computing Degree
• CCNA in Routing and Switching or Security
• Cisco Voice or Multimedia Technologies
• Experience in Python scripting
What you'll be doing
You will be working within our network teams as a Level 1/2 Network Engineer providing hands on support for your area. Your goal is to prevent incidents occurring, but when the worst happens, restore service in the most pragmatic and efficient way. As well as your current IT skills you will need to be keen to learn about new and challenging network technologies.
You will be working in a highly skilled team, complemented by outsourced resources. Governance is an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and being audited yourself. You may be asked to cover and extended work week when required.
If you can answer the following, you should consider applying for this role
• Is ARP a layer 2 or layer 3 protocol?
• How does DNS work?
• What is the difference between active and passive FTP?
• Give an example of an internal and external routing protocol?
• Explain the different layers in the OSI model?
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.