- Location: Swindon, London, UK Wide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002800984
- Closing Date: 30 June 2019
• A Business Designer based at our Head Office in Swindon or London (if in London will require working in Swindon for 2-3 days a week)
• Full time, 35 hours a week
The UK financial services industry is facing a time of unprecedented change. There is growing pressure from new sources of competition and the evolution of traditional competitors. New and more challenging regulations and an accelerated rate of technological change that is becoming an everyday part of our members lives. We're using our strength to make Our BIG Investment to ensure we can continue to succeed long into the future
Through Our Big Investment we will inject pace and energy into everything we do. It will allow us to introduce new products and services, simplify our IT infrastructure and develop innovative new technology for our members and colleagues. Our investment will build and grow Nationwide for future generations. We will be a resilient, simpler, more agile and innovative organisation powered by our people, and still relentlessly focused on delivering legendary service to our members.
The Business Enterprise Architecture function has a challenging mandate to provide thought leadership across our Society to help shape the roadmap of investment required, and to articulate how our organisation and operations need to change to enable delivery of our strategy.
Who we're looking for
• Ideally be degree educated or equivalent
• Have direct experience of developing enterprise operating models, roadmaps and transition state architectures
• Be a strategic and analytical thinker, with commercial acumen alongside the ability to quickly comprehend different areas of the business in order to solve complex problems
• Have a strong understanding of business capability models and practical experience of using them within an enterprise
• Be passionate about driving customer and organisation improvement and have knowledge and understanding of how to enable this through operating model design
• Be a great communicator with the ability to bring complex information to life, communicating its importance in a way that individuals can understand and act upon
• Have strong influencing skills with the ability to manage senior stakeholders, supporting and enabling them to make the right decisions for our customers
• Proven ability to collaborate across the business working with multiple business areas and stakeholders
• Be a creative thinker and problem solver, comfortable with dealing with ambiguity
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of shaping business strategy
• Experience in creating business cases which drive out investment options
What you'll be doing
This is a strategic role and key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting Senior Business Enterprise Architects to drive out the strategic intent, ensuring that outcomes are clearly articulated and demonstrate alignment to our Society Strategy
• Supporting the creation of roadmaps at a Squad level showing how business capabilities need to change over time in order to execute our Society strategy
• Working alongside Senior Enterprise Business Architects to drive out the enterprise roadmap, highlighting sequencing challenges and opportunities
• Supporting activity to understand the cumulative impact of decisions (and change) on our enterprise operating model
• Supporting activity to understand and prioritise our Strategic Investment, ensuring alignment to the Society Strategy, and reporting on progress
• Producing briefing and options papers for key stakeholders to enable an informed business choice describing the evolution of operational solutions from current state to future state, and strategic investment options ensuring there is a clear understanding of the commercial value derived
• Undertaking specific phases of work to produce strategic recommendations for Communities/Programmes/Squads or the Society as a whole, in light of key design options or challenges
• Leading the management and governance of our business architecture artefacts and frameworks (such as the Enterprise Roadmap and Business Capability Model)
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.