Software Engineer - Nationwide Digital
Software Engineer - Nationwide Digital
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801037
- Closing Date: 31 July 2019
• Software Engineers in Mobile and Digital
• Based at our Head Office in Swindon. Just an hour from London by train, with generous relocation package available
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
We are building our future digital banking solution with a set of modern technologies, so this is an exciting opportunity to work with a team at its inception. We need front-end, back-end or full-stack developers, and have a range of positions available both at junior and senior levels. So, if you have any of the following skills, we’re keen to hear from you.
Who we're looking for
• Native mobile app development (beneficial, but not essential)
• Microservices using .NET Core, NodeJS or Golang.
• Developing with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or OpenShift.
• Experience in designing and developing API-driven and microservices-based architectures
Experience of working in agile teams and associated use of DevOps tooling (such as Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory, Selenium, Veracode, JMeter etc.) would be very desirable. Experience of the following areas are beneficial. If you don’t have experience in these areas, they are technologies in which you will be able to develop your skills.
• Developing web scale cloud-based solutions preferably in AWS but experience in Azure or Google Cloud is great too.
• API Gateways such as Apigee
• NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra/MongoDB
• Relational databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
• Experience of event-based architectures using technology such as Apache Kafka
Are you a Senior Engineer? We are looking for people who operate over the full lifecycle from design through to implementation, and have the experience to shape solutions, set technical patterns and coach other engineers. You should have a strong hands-on track record as a senior engineer delivering web scale cloud-based solutions (preferably on AWS). The ideal candidate would be able to point to multiple projects where they have been involved in the team that have established a platform.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be at the frontline, designing systems used by millions every day, and sold to millions every day, via tv, billboards and online. You’ll be given the opportunity to work with the most up-to-date technologies and with teams around the world to deliver our vision to our members.
Day-to-day you’ll be exploiting your experience of delivering first-class solutions in an Agile environment. You’ll be involved in mentoring where needed and help to build our development process and strategies. You’ll drive continuous improvements and promote best practice in your team through your actions and behaviours. With end-to-end ownership, development and deployment you’ll be given a platform to lead by example.
We want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
The extras you'll get
Our packages include life assurance, pension, bonus and benefits scheme.
As part of our team, you will receive:
• Access to technical learning, including sites such as Pluralsight, to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. But, however large we grow, we will never lose sight of what makes us different: our commitment to our members and to building our society in the right way. Our goal is to be more than a business. We want to be known as an organisation that is always open, honest and trustworthy, where people are helped, supported and loyal. That’s as true for our employees as it is for our members. Help us build on our values and we’ll help you build an amazing career.