Infrastructure Project Lead HPNS
Infrastructure Project Lead HPNS
- Location: Wiltshire, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801053
- Closing Date: 27 May 2019
• HPNS Infrastructure technical Specialist in our head offices in Swindon.
The HPNS Mainframe is a strategic platform for Nationwide. In this role you will take responsibility for the technical aspects of project delivery of the HPNS technology estate and its associated processes. This will include the HPNS physical hardware and Operating system as well as the middleware to support applications such as Base 24.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you will ideally have:
• have an in-depth technical understanding of HP Non Stop mainframes in either a delivery or support environment.
• have enterprise class experience, preferably in a financial services organisation.
• have a ‘service first’ mindset and focus on working to deadlines.
• be willing to work out of business hours when necessary to support project delivery.
• be confident to lead and deliver a series of HPNS technical solutions to meet requirements and ongoing continuous service improvement activities in conjunction with leading others.
It would be nice if you also had:
Whilst this role will be primarily focused on HPNS mainframes having knowledge or experience in networks and storage as well as any other technical knowledge or expertise you could bring to the society would be an advantage.
What you'll be doing
It will be your job to deliver project specific HPNS solutions and configurations into Nationwide’s Mainframe estate which will also include supporting upgrades and service improvements.
You’ll have experience in a similar HPNS enterprise support or delivery role, with demonstrable knowledge of designing, building, managing and configuring HPNS mainframes.
You must be a team player with excellent communication skills, willing to work with other IT teams, internal users and partners and to deliver in a fast paced environment
In addition, the wider team supports a variety of Infrastructure technologies so any knowledge or experience with other Infrastructure products would also be advantageous.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.