- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801056
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
• Teradata Database Administrator at our head offices in Swindon
• Up to £61,201 a year on a permanent 35 hour per week contract. Depending on skills and experience.
• Send in your application by Friday 31st May 2019.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic person with a strong technical knowledge of Teradata databases and Linux platforms. Teradata is one of the components of our big data platform, and this is a great opportunity to build and engineer Teradata, whilst working collaboratively with Hadoop, Informatica and other big data engineers.
Who we're looking for
You will be an experienced Teradata Database Administrator, with a proven track record of designing, implementing, testing and supporting Teradata database systems. You will have a full appreciation of Teradata databases and their associated technologies. You will have excellent communication skills, be used to dealing with multiple projects, and be able to clearly articulate risks and issues. You will be very motivated and ready to take on a lead technical role within projects.
As a minimum requirement, you will have experience of:
• Teradata Database Administration on Teradata 15.10 / 16.20
• Viewpoint administration activities
• Teradata system maintenance
• Teradata resource monitoring and workload management using IWM/TASM
• Teradata space allocation activities
• Query and performance tuning
• Teradata user and security management
• Teradata BAR activities using NetBackup 7.6
• Teradata statistics analysis/updates and stats collection
• Exposure to Data Mover and Ecosystem Manager
• Exposure to Teradata Studio, Teradata QueryGrid and Teradata Data Labs
• SUSE Linux 11.x / 12.x administration
• Knowledge of Teradata utilities
• Knowledge of logical and physical modelling
• Knowledge of TAYS and managing Teradata as a supplier of support services.
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
• Hortonworks HDP 2.6.x
• Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark, etc.)
• Informatica 10.1.x or a similar ETL platform
We may also consider cross-training:
• An experienced data warehouse DBA who has significant experience administering another data warehouse MPP appliance such as:
o IBM Netezza
o EMC Greenplum
o SAP HANA
o Oracle Exadata
What you'll be doing
As part of our Infrastructure Engineering Database team, you will responsible for the management and support of our non-production Teradata environments. This will include promoting infrastructure change through to our production environments. You will have a key role to play in the design, build and test of new solutions on our Teradata platform that will underpin our key management information services. You will also be expected to provide collaborative support to our Hadoop and Informatica platforms. Training will be provided. The ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues will be vital and you will be expected to provide in depth technical advice to other areas of the business. You may be expected to line manage more junior members of the team and assist with their ongoing development.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.