Hadoop Ecosystem Administrator
Hadoop Ecosystem Administrator
- Location: Swindon, England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801057
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
- Hadoop Ecosystem Administrator at our head offices in Swindon
- Up to £61,201 a year on a permanent 35 hour per week contract. Depending on skills and experience.
- Send in your application by Friday 31st May 2019.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic person with a strong technical knowledge of the Hadoop Ecosystem running on Linux OS. Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) is one of the components of our big data platform, and this is a great opportunity to build and engineer in the Hadoop Ecosystem, whilst working collaboratively with Teradata, Informatica and other big data engineers.
Who we're looking for
You will be an experienced Hadoop Ecosystem Administrator, with a proven track record of designing, implementing, testing and supporting Hadoop environments. You will have a full appreciation of the Hadoop Ecosystem and associated technologies. You will have excellent communication skills, be used to dealing with multiple projects, and be able to clearly articulate risks and issues. You will be very motivated and ready to take on a lead technical role within projects
As a minimum requirement, you will have experience of:
- Hortonworks Data Platform 2.6.x
- Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark, etc.)
- Kerberos authentication (SPN and end-user access)
- Ranger administration (Access control and auditing)
- Integration with AD (Ranger/Ambari) including Knox
- YARN queue management and application management
- SSL certificate management
- Cluster maintenance, backup, restore and disaster recovery
- Troubleshooting Hadoop Ecosystem and Linux OS issues
- Performance diagnosis and tuning
- Scripted build techniques including Infrastructure / configuration as code e.g. Ansible
- Strong Linux skills (SLES 11.x and 12.x / RHEL7)
- Bash shell scripting, Python, Perl
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
- Hortonworks Data Flow, Nifi and Kafka
- Atlas, Spark and LLAP (Hive 2)
- Informatica 10.1.x (BDM, Blaze, IDQ, MDM, EDC)
- Teradata Database 15.10 / 16.2
What you'll be doing
As part of our Infrastructure Engineering Database team, you will responsible for the management and support of our non-production Hadoop environments. This will include promoting change through to our production environments. You will have a key role to play in the design, build and test of new solutions on our Hadoop platform that will underpin our key management information services. You will also be expected to provide collaborative support to our Teradata and Informatica platforms. Training will be provided. The ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues will be vital and you will be expected to provide in depth technical advice to other areas of the business. You may be expected to line manage more junior members of the team and assist with their ongoing development.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.