Back End Engineer - Home Hub
Back End Engineer - Home Hub
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801060
- Closing Date: 27 January 2020
• Based at our Head Office in Swindon. Just an hour from London by train, with generous relocation package available
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
In the ‘Home Hub’ where we are designing the mortgages of the future, starting with digital journeys with a set of modern technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team at its inception. You’ll be at the frontline, designing and developing systems used by millions every day, and sold to millions every day, via tv, billboards and online.
Who we're looking for
If you have some of the following skills, we’re keen to hear from you.
• Relevant hands on industry experience
• Experience of designing and building API’s using REST, WebSockets/Streaming, Reactive applications etc.
• Experience of designing and building API Microservices using Java, Node.JS, or .NET, .Net (Web API, .NET core, EF Core)
• Good knowledge of modern application development practices and emerging technologies such as API management, web-scale and cloud-native architectures, Devops engineering and application delivery, container based continuous delivery, cloud automation and everything-as-code.
• Efficient and confident communicator
• Ability to study and quickly learn, putting into practice new methods, ways of working, tools and technologies
• Experience of actively participating in software design and ideation sessions
• Experience with public cloud such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
What you'll be doing
Day-to-day you’ll be exploiting your experience of delivering first-class solutions in an Agile environment. You’ll be involved in mentoring where needed and help to build our development process and strategies. You’ll drive continuous improvements and promote best practice in your team through your actions and behaviours. You will need drive to become an SME within the technologies and applications you are responsible for and own the relationship with those business areas. With the understanding of the end-to-end process from a technical perspective, you will work closely with the Technology Lead, helping to deliver solutions that meet their requirements.
We want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
The extras you'll get
Our packages include life assurance, pension, bonus and benefits scheme.
As part of our team, you will receive:
• Access to technical learning, including sites such as Pluralsight, to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies