- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801083
- Closing Date: 29 May 2019
Technology Development Programme Specialist
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Open ended contract, full, part-time and job shares welcome
• Based in Swindon, with the need for some travel
Our Technology Development Programme (TDP) forms a crucial part of Nationwide’s technology strategy by providing a sustainable talent pipeline for our growing IT teams. You will be helping attract, develop and flow talent across the Society by ensuring the right people are on the right TDP schemes in the right business areas
You can find out more about the Technology Development Programme via the below link:-
Who we're looking for
We need someone who can build and maintain strong relationships with up to 20 TDP direct reports, and with colleagues across the Society. Ideally an experienced professional with a proven track record of success and excellent communication skills.
Additionally, you’ll need:
• Experience of building talent programmes and/or technical coaching background
• Experience of developing and delivering bespoke development events
• Understanding of emerging talent offerings and recruitment within the external market
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels
• Experience of the pastoral care of emerging talent such as a coach or line manager
It would be nice if you also had:
• Relevant professional qualification such as degree or CIPD
• A passion for, or an understanding of, a range of IT technology
What you'll be doing
You will be supporting all types of talent (including career changers, graduates, apprentices and interns), from those who could be starting their career through to those who are changing theirs.
You’ll take responsibility for the day-to-day management of TDP talent, along with the longer term shaping of the programme, so you’ll be a strong team player, comfortable with colleagues across all levels of seniority.
Day-to-day you will:
• Support and refine all TDP processes, including attraction, onboarding, recruitment, development, business readiness and deployment
• Line management of individuals and groups, setting performance targets and monitor progress
• Effective coaching and feedback to direct reports to ensure achievement of agreed outcomes
• Advise individuals on career paths and encourage development of skills and capabilities
• Deputise for the TDP manager when required
• Manage the promotion and advertising of the programme to internal and external stakeholders
• Implement resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
• Create and maintain technology related development materials to deliver agreed outcomes
• Assist direct reports with development plans and monitor their continuing professional development to aid desired outcomes
• Drive continuous improvement across the scheme, including managing some of our partners and suppliers.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.