Business Continuity Consultant
Business Continuity Consultant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801085
- Closing Date: 02 June 2019
- A Business Continuity Consultant, to join the Directorate of Business Continuity & Incident Management, in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary up to £35k a year (dependent on skills and experience) based on a permanent, full time contract
- Please send in your application by 2nd June 2019
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic Team, responsible for delivering an industry-leading, end-to-end, enterprise-wide business continuity and incident management capability.
As part of our team you will get aaccess to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
You’ll proactively engage with projects, change programmes and third parties, providing expertise, and ensuring continuity plans are in place and aligned to the business continuity strategy.
You will be required to be part of a formal on call 24-hour rota, enabling rapid response to issues or problems that may arise in the business. You will work to tight deadlines and respond at short-notice; therefore, you will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation to get you through the challenging times.
Who we're looking for
Ideally, you will bring experience in business continuity and incident management, be agile and thrive within a challenging and continuously improving environment.
You will have advanced communication skills and an ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels.
You will be required to pick up diverse business areas and quickly understand business objectives/structure, communicate resilience and continuity issues and constraints to technical and non-technical colleagues/audiences.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Hold membership of Business Continuity institute, or, have relevant experience with a commitment to pursue a relevant professional qualification.
- Have knowledge of Business Continuity and Resilience regulatory requirements and industry standards, including BA23; BCI Good Practice and ISO 22301
- Strong experience in business continuity practices and principles
- Resilient and motivated self-starter who relishes a challenge. Able to think on your feet and make decisions
- Ability to pick up diverse business areas and quickly understand business objectives/structure or function.
- Advanced communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels
- Ability to communicate resilience and continuity issues and constraints to technical and non-technical colleagues/audiences
- Experience in project management and consultancy, technical development, support and operation, and/or audit
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in financial services
What you'll be doing
You will support the Society to ensure resilience and continuity risks are effectively mitigated through an appropriate mix of preventative and responsive controls, becoming more resilient to continuity risks, and ensuring service to members is protected throughout major change.
You’ll contribute to cross-organisational training, planning and exercising initiatives. Development of continuity and resilience plans, strategies and framework.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.