Platform Engineer - Nationwide Digital
Platform Engineer - Nationwide Digital
- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801089
- Closing Date: 31 October 2019
• Platform Engineers within Nationwide Digital
• These roles can be based at our Swindon offices or our offices in Central London
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
We’re building an open digital platform that's flexible, scalable and ready to embrace the opportunities of open banking embracing Agile, Cloud and DevOps and working in tight knit, collaborative and co-located teams on cutting-edge, open-source technologies.
Who we're looking for
A Platform engineer will have experience in some of the following:
- Designing and architecting complex, enterprise-level infrastructure used by millions of customers
- Building and maintaining multi-stage CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, JIRA, GIT, Veracode and Nexus/Artifactory
- Managing cloud-based infrastructure on AWS, Azure and GCP using Kubernetes (K8s), EKS, GKE or AKS
- Implementing microservices following 12-factor and cloud native approaches
- Automating infrastructure using cloud abstraction and deployment tools like Ansible, KOPs and Terraform
- Adhering to security and test protocols
- Creating infrastructure as code using Python or something similar
- Working on Linux distributions like CoreOS and CentOS
- Proactively monitoring and resolving platform issues
What you'll be doing
We’re recruiting for a Platform Engineer to join a forward-thinking, cross-functional agile team supporting our hub responsible for Nationwide Digital Accelerator Platform.
The hub work at the core of the platform, ensuring services are functional and have the capacity to scale effortlessly. They value automation over manual effort, data-driven decision making, and a pragmatic approach to risk - the fundamentals of providing a comprehensive and stable platform to customers.
You will be a future thinker capable of understanding the bigger picture who is able to familiarise themselves with complex systems at any stage of their development lifecycle. Working In collaboration with software engineers and other members of the project team, you will play a pivotal role in defining measures of reliability for services. You will additionally provide consultative support to help teams achieve and maintain those objectives.
The extras you'll get
Our packages include life assurance, pension, bonus and benefits scheme.
As part of our team, you will receive:
• Access to technical learning, including sites such as Pluralsight, to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.