- Location: Wiltshire, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801091
- Closing Date: 23 June 2019
- An IBM DB2 for z/OS Database and Systems Administrator.
- £42,370 - £61,201 a year including excellent benefits package.
- This is a fulltime role, based in our Swindon head office.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic person with a strong technical knowledge of IBM DB2 databases running on the z/OS Mainframe platform to support our SAP Core Banking applications.
Who we're looking for
You will be an experienced IBM DB2 for z/OS Database and Systems Administrator, with a proven track record of DB2 Installation / Migration with Data Sharing groups, DB2 performance monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, application database performance analysis and reporting. You will have excellent communication skills, be used to dealing with projects and can clearly articulate risks and issues. You will be very motivated and ready to take on a lead technical role within projects
As a minimum requirement, you will have experience of:
- IBM DB2 for z/OS Data Sharing - v12 preferably
- Installation / Migration of DB2 with Data Sharing groups
- Strong Knowledge of SQL
- JCL; TSO; ISPF; REXX;
- IBM DB2 utilities including System Backup and Restore
- IBM software like Administration tool, Automation Tool, Log Analyzer, Cloning Tool and Omegamon Performance Expert
- Database performance monitoring and tuning
- Application database performance analysis and reporting using DB2 Performance Warehouse data
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of DB2 Data Studio
- Experience of data replication technologies (specifically IIDR)
- Experience of DB2 Connect (including DB2 CLI failover and secure connections)
- Experience of supporting SAP applications in a multi-tier environment
- DB2 LUW experience
- z/OS system programming experience
- Unix experience (AIX and/or Linux)
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Experience of working in a large financial institution
What you'll be doing
As part of our Infrastructure Engineering Database team, you will be providing support to change teams on the design, build and test database solutions for our SAP Core Banking application platform. You will be expected to do performance analysis and reporting during new application releases and will be required to perform System restores and Cloning of environments. You will also provide project support for DB2 version upgrades as well as supporting the replication of DB2 data. The ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues will be vital and you will be expected to provide in-depth technical advice to other areas of the business. You may be expected to mentor more junior members of the team and assist with their on-going development.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.