Software Engineer - Security
Software Engineer - Security
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801109
- Closing Date: 28 June 2019
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Software Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate with applications that manage our security.
Who we're looking for
You. We hope, anyway. We are looking for Software Engineers with experience in the design and implementation of application security across an organisation. You will initially be working to roll out security design patterns across our application estate, though over time will also work on other, security-focussed systems and processes.
You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of…
- The implementation and rollout of identity and access management software, across a varied and diverse application estate – ideally Identity IQ
- Software development using SQL, SSIS and SSRS using TFS
- Control-m scheduling
- Managing Windows domain networks through Active Directory
- Full appreciation of Software Development Lifecycles and knowledge of Agile and DevOps
- Functional & Technical Design, including design quality assurance
- Performance and resilience-related architecture and design activities
- Live incident support
- Strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
- Working with and overseeing technical deliveries provided by partner organisations
What you'll be doing
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, thinking end-to-end. You will be working with teams of engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy. You will be implementing design patterns appropriately as we migrate our application estate onto a single identity and access management platform. You will be quality-assuring work delivered by partner organisations to ensure it is in-line with standards. As your knowledge grows you will become the recognised expert for our identity and access security management. The role also includes:
- Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input into all aspects of the lifecycle, from early life through to production support
- Responsibility for quality-assuring design and technical deliveries
- Understanding the business impact of technical problems and being comfortable making risk assessments
- Proactively contributing to the evolution of software engineering within Nationwide
- Quickly understanding problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
The extras you'll get
Our packages include life assurance, pension, bonus and benefits scheme.
As part of our team, you will receive:
• Access to technical learning, including sites such as Pluralsight, to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. But, however large we grow, we will never lose sight of what makes us different: our commitment to our members and to building our society in the right way. Our goal is to be more than a business. We want to be known as an organisation that is always open, honest and trustworthy, where people are helped, supported and loyal. After all, we’re a building society. So we’re building our ‘society’ with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we’re all here to help each other. That’s what we’re all about and that’s what makes us different.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.