Methods & Tools Consultant
Methods & Tools Consultant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801121
- Closing Date: 19 June 2019
• Methods & Tools Consultant in Head office in Swindon x 2 roles
• £35,309 - £51,002 a year [based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
• Send in your application by 19th JUne 2019.
There is a current focus on reducing the complexity of our IT estate and the cost of change - we are at the heart of enabling this to happen. We are a small team that supports a cloud-hosted application that drives fact-based decision making at Nationwide using data from multiple sources.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• have experience of working in a team who support/configure IT applications or tooling
• have experience of implementing business change (such as impact analysis, training, communication) across a wide range of stakeholders
• Be organised, confident and willing to learn new skills
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of liaising with 3rd party suppliers
• An understanding of Cloud based IT solutions
• An interest in data
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working in a team who look after a tool called Enterprise One which hosts the relationships between Nationwide’s technology, applications, processes, suppliers and other organisational elements. This data has a variety of different uses across Nationwide so now is an exciting time to join the team.
Under the guidance of the Method & Tools Architect, you will be resolving any problems with Enterprise One; liaising with the supplier as appropriate. You will ensure that the data within Enterprise One is well managed and our customers are trained to use the tool. You will also need to ensure that the needs of our numerous customers are met so you’ll need to be good with people and be able to ask the right questions.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.