Cloud Scrum Master
Cloud Scrum Master
- Location: Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801148
- Closing Date: 27 October 2019
We’re no strangers to being at the forefront of technological breakthroughs – first in the UK to launch internet banking, joint first with Apple pay, Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches.
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members.
Our adoption of cloud is fundamental to the success of our material investment in technology for now and the future. The creation of first-class cloud products and capabilities that can be harnessed and leveraged are critical to achieving our strategy, delighting our members and the foundation of our digital capability.
And that’s where you come in…
As part of the Platform Squad and working within our Cloud Centre of Excellence, we are looking for experienced and talented Scrum Masters with the ability to build an awesome team with a reputation for predictable, high quality delivery.
Who we're looking for
Our Scrum Masters are there for the team, they support the team to be the best they can be. They ensure the team are following Agile Mindset, Values, Principles ensuring they prioritise “being Agile” over “Doing Agile”. They are focused on the Member and put them at the centre of everything we do. We are looking for experienced and great Scrum Masters to join our Agile journey.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- You will have experience of working in Agile approaches and frameworks, across multiples business or business domains.
- Be an effective coach, able to demonstrate how you have created and embedded Agile Mindset, Values, Principles and Practices in your previous roles.
- You must have experience of working in a multi-team Agile environment.
- Experience of working with diverse teams including External Partner Teams.
- Have a desire to continually develop yourself as an Agile practitioner, sharing your knowledge with your team.
- Jira Knowledge.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of working in a Regulated / Financial Services environment and the added scrutiny around control and compliance.
- Have experience of delivering into cloud platforms and environments.
- Scrum Master Certification i.e. PSM/CSM
What you'll be doing
- You will exhibit the Agile mindset and help the team embrace, adopt an Agile mindset and apply Agile approaches within their work.
- You will support the team reaching an alliance on what can be achieved, supporting the team in being self-sustainable, cross-functional to maximise the delivery of member value.
- You will continuously support the team in removing impediments and educate the team in the value of Agile events to deliver value in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Protect the team from influences outside that can affect their focus, enabling a collaborative team that embodies the Agile Mindset to deliver value for our members.
- Advise on evolving practice and when applicable suggest and implement possible improvements to enable the team to be more effective. However, more powerfully you will create a safe environment for Nationwide people to solve their own problems and be the best they can be.
- Create an environment where the team to feel safe to test and learn, through fostering a culture of creativity and curiosity whilst ensuring we remain in control.
- Find techniques for effective Product Backlog management and help the team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Encourage continuous improvement and a thirst for innovation to ensure we deliver sustainable value as fast as possible for the continued benefit of our members.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
- 24 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Life Assurance worth 8x your salary
- Training to help you progress and develop your skills and career aspirations
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.