Cloud Platform Product Owner – 2.2
Cloud Platform Product Owner – 2.2
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801150
- Closing Date: 27 August 2019
We’re no strangers to being at the forefront of technological breakthroughs – first in the UK to launch internet banking, joint first with Apple pay, Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches.
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members...
Our adoption of cloud is fundamental to the success of our material investment in technology for now and the future. The creation of first-class cloud products and capabilities that can be harnessed and leveraged are critical to achieving our strategy, delighting our members and the foundation of our digital capability. Our level of ambition is set high, that’s why we need an experienced cloud talent to drive forward our cloud strategy delivery.
And that’s where you come in…
Want to get involved in cloud based delivery challenges? Do you live and breathe Cloud? Are you keeping yourself up to date with the latest cloud releases, functionality and approaches to cloud adoption?
If so you should be part of Nationwide’s exciting and growing Cloud Centre of Excellence. You’ll use your expertise to support and lead the delivery of the cloud vision through agile adoption, collaborative working and SME skills
As part of the Platform Squad community and working within our Cloud Centre of Excellence, we are looking for talented people with technical product owner experience.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Clare Downing, Resourcing Manager, or the Hiring Manager, Andrew Cole
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- 4-5 years’ Hands-on Product Ownership – Must have worked in Agile Scrum environment performing the role of a Product Owner.
- Worked closely with stakeholder and technical teams to define backlogs, run regular refinement sessions, get teams to estimate the work using relative estimation, plan roadmap, run sprint planning sessions, communicate sprint plans/progress, provide clarifications to technical teams, accept technical teams’ outputs, run demos, etc.
- Technical mindset. The role is not expected to provide technical leadership, however most of the work is infrastructure related and therefore a good understanding of infrastructure aspects, nuances relating to implementing Infrastructure as Code, automation, etc are important. Taking an active interest in how the team has actually implemented the solutions.
- 2 years’ experience of Cloud/Virtual Env Experience – We are building Cloud products and therefore it requires a different mindset – so have you actively worked with their teams in implementing Cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) for their solutions.
- B2B Experience – We are building solutions that will be consumed by other technical teams within Nationwide, and therefore experience of building B2B products would be more suitable.
- Regulatory Experience – A lot of our work will mainly involve taking off the shelf products from cloud suppliers and “harden” them to the level of controls required for the financial services industry. Experience in a regulated financial environment would be ideal, but other highly regulated environments e.g. implementing PCI DSS, etc on their deliveries would be acceptable too.
- Scrum Experience – We are practicing Scrum and therefore hands-on experience in Scrum environments is required.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Banking Experience – Banking experience would be ideal
- Experience of working with External Partner Teams – we work closely with external suppliers to supplement our in-house development capabilities. This tends to alter the dynamics compared to purely internal teams.
- Jira Knowledge – We use Jira here, so having experience of using Jira would be great, but not essential.
What you'll be doing
What you’ll be doing
This role is to be a Product Owner within the Cloud Centre of Excellence working within the Product teams. Under the Product Manager's oversight, you will work to produce a comprehensive Product Roadmap and associated epics and stories to deliver against the business' demand.
- Accountable for the Product Backlog – it’s refinement and management.
- Focussed on turning features into stories in collaboration with Engineering and other SMEs
- Able to create quality Acceptance Criteria with all Domain SMEs
- Delivery of Product Demo’s and management of stakeholder acceptance agreement
The extras you'll get
As well as your salary, additional benefits include:
- 24 days holidays (on top of bank holidays)
- Car/Cash allowance - £4,656 (where applicable)
- Competitive pension – you contribute 7%, we’ll contribute 16%
- Life Assurance
- Bonus scheme “Sharing in success” – our Society-wide, all employee variable pay plan
- Flexible benefits
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
As the worlds largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right things for our members and build society in the right way, which helps set us apart from our competitors. And we need talented people who share what we believe in
So help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you – providing industry leading learning paths tailored to your skills baseline, with individualised growth plans and a development ecosystem to support your desire to stay ahead with both technical and business skills learning interventions aligned to your career aspirations and desire way of learning (online, on-the-job, accreditations etc)
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities and encourages you to think differently and unleash your inner creativity and curiosity. We want you to feel supported to challenge the way of doing things if it doesn’t best serve the needs of our members or you.
If you’d like to be part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute whilst knowing your well-being and need for a work life balance are accepted, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
Interested? we’d love to hear from you.