Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Infrastructure Engineering Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801152
- Closing Date: 25 June 2019
Nationwide is investing over £1.2b in a significant IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join the society.
Infrastructure Engineering is a new Centre of Excellence and our high performing technical teams will play a huge part in this transformation. Our teams are growing in size and complexity, and this is one of the reasons why we need skilled people managers to lead/manage our technical teams.
We are looking for high-performing people managers who can help us lead our teams through the next phase of our development. You will be part of an exciting new Infrastructure Centre of Excellence at the core of our IT estate.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with:
- Strong people leadership and organisational skills
- Proven experience in coaching / mentoring IT infrastructure engineers
- Strong stakeholder management skills with excellent verbal and written communication
- Relevant infrastructure technical experience with the ability to inspire technical teams
- Strong technical line management capability with relevant experience
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience of working in the Financial sector or in a similar highly regulated industry
- Experience of working with Strategic partners and third-party suppliers
- A background in one or more of the following technologies – Windows, RHEL, IBM zOS, AIX, Solaris, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, MongoDB, Hadoop, Teradata, Informatica, IBM z-Series, Cisco UCS, HPNS, Unisys, EMC, NetApp, NetBackup, AppDynamics, MS System Centres, ServiceNow, Control-M, Interlink Business Enterprise Server (BES), Network Data/Security
What you'll be doing
You will be accountable for the day to day line management, development and growth of technical teams within the Centre of Excellence pool of Subject Matter Experts.
Working with other management colleagues from various teams within the Centre of Excellence you will ensure that we have the capability, capacity and skills needed to provide expert resource to our Change Squads for the ongoing design, delivery and maintenance of IT infrastructure. You will help grow and evolve the capabilities of the teams, using a broad range of technologies and working with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an evolving team and help shape the future. If you are a technical people manager who wants to be part of an organisation that puts its members at heart of what it does and think you can make a difference, then get in touch.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Annual car allowance of £4656
Nationwide recognises that flexible working can improve working conditions for employees by better enabling them to combine their work and personal life. As a consequence it can also help to increase morale, reduce absenteeism and improve employee retention.
During recruitment, managers will consider the design of any role and which working pattern(s) would be most appropriate. Applications from people who wish to work on a flexible basis are welcomed and considered on their merits along with all other applications received.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.