Senior Test Engineer - Automation, CI/CD
Senior Test Engineer - Automation, CI/CD
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801172
- Closing Date: 31 October 2019
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need skilled senior test engineers to join our new test engineering centre of excellence.
We need high-performing individuals to accelerate our test engineering transformation embedding test solutions ensuring the Society has built the right products & services to the right quality, evidencing the change delivers the agreed outcomes.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with:
• Strong technical expertise and organisational skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills with excellent verbal and written communication
• Deep test experience with the ability to provide guidance and direction to a team of engineers
• Proven ability to drive decisions and remove blockers to drive forward implementation of technical artefacts
• Implement automation first approach using industry best practices, targeting appropriate strategies for robust and repeatable automation and the appropriate exploratory / manual testing of change
• Contribute to the creation and ongoing maintenance of engineering principles, patterns and standards to reflect best practice and effective use within the organisation
• Able to implement testing best practice methods specific to the technology under Test and aware of the benefits of using them. Has real world experience of implementing these practices
• Understanding the business impact of technical changes and be comfortable making risk assessments
• Proactively contributing to the evolution of Software engineering within Nationwide
• A track record in fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution
• Management of and engagement with our Test partners and 3rd party suppliers
Ideally, you also have:
• Experience of DevOps processes including CI / CD techniques and associated toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, Atlassian suite, Cucumber etc.)
• Practical experience in Accessibility and compatibility testing
• Coding experience in Java, C, Python or .NET
• Worked in the financial sector for part of your career to date
What you'll be doing
Joining the Test Centre of Excellence and reporting to the Engineering Manager, accountable for the implementation of test techniques designing measurable coverage. Responsible for the creation and delivery of testing outcomes to deliver team objectives that are aligned to engineering architectural strategy. Recognised as a test engineer SME and task leader. Provide strong technical leadership enabling technical decisions to be made with confidence and at pace.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
Click apply today and send us your CV to take your first step towards helping us build our Society.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.