- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801188
- Closing Date: 08 July 2019
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need skilled lead test engineers to join our new test engineering centre of excellence.
We need high-performing individuals to accelerate our test engineering transformation embedding test solutions ensuring the Society has built the right products & services to the right quality, evidencing the change delivers the agreed outcomes.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with:
• Strong technical leadership and organisational skills
• Proven experience in coaching / mentoring of test engineers
• Strong stakeholder management skills with excellent verbal and written communication
• Deep test experience with the ability to inspire a test engineering team
• Proven ability to be accountable for test engineering decisions within a technical environment
• Proven experience in the implementation/evangelising of automation first approaches through the adoption of industry best practices
• The ability to quantify measures of success in a language that makes sense to stakeholders
• Proven thought leadership to influence the strategy for engineering to challenge and inform the approach for testable solutions
• A track record in fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution
• Management of and engagement with our Test partners and 3rd party suppliers
• Setting Test engineering principles, standards and patterns to establish, maintain and continuously develop technical competence and decision making within the engineering team
Ideally, you also have:
• Experience of DevOps processes including CI / CD techniques and associated toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, Atlassian suite, Cucumber etc.), with knowledge of working in using both agile and waterfall methodologies
What you'll be doing
You’ll play a pivotal part in the implementation of demonstrable and measurable, structured design techniques appropriate to the technology under Test. Working with our delivery squads to shape approaches for testable solutions, educating best practices in testing and quality. You will help grow and evolve the capabilities of this brand-new team, using a broad range of technologies and working with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
Working for the Head of Test Engineering and will need to be adept at gathering and presenting data to quantify testing outcomes for stakeholder consumption. As a lead engineer in this space, you’ll also be an excellent team player, enthusiastic about sharing your experience and knowledge with your colleagues.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car allowance worth £4656
Click apply today and send us your CV to take your first step towards helping us build our Society.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.