- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801190
- Closing Date: 10 July 2019
- A Delivery Manager, located in our Swindon offices
- Salary £50,840 to £73,436 a year (depending on skills and experience) plus annual car allowance of £4656, based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract
- Please send in your application by 10th July 2019
Our Transformation professionals have the exciting challenge of managing Nationwide’s business transformation agenda. We have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any time, many of these are delivering new products and new technologies, as well as updating our existing technology estate. Through an annual investment in change projects, we strive to ensure that the organisation remains competitive and continues to evolve and provide legendary service to our members. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where delivering our change portfolio makes a real difference to the business and our members.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Delivery Manager with a background in Credit Risk, Financial Crime and Anti Money Laundering to work within our Data and Analytics community to support analytical related programme.
You will be accountable for the delivery of large scale, complex projects, on time, to budget and to the required quality, ensuring that key project deliverables are fit for purpose and will enable the defined project and programme outcomes.
Please note that as a minimum the successful candidate should be considered to by a very experienced Project / Delivery Managers.
• Extensive experience of managing large, complex programmes involving data analytics focusing on Credit Risk, Financial Crime and Anti Money Laundering in Retail banking
• Expert knowledge of delivering projects using Agile, Kanban and big data solutions
• Experience of platform change from Waterfall to agile methodology
• Drive Agile ways of working and utilise Agile practises and DevOps capabilities (CICD)
• Strong gravitas of managing senior business stakeholders and technical teams
• Holding conversations with technical architects and managing business transformation
• Confidently deal with complexity in a changing working environment and can flex changes to respond to business, financial or regulatory priorities
• Proven track record of creating best usage of existing data using analytical capability
• Experience of successfully establishing onshore – offshore teams and work with third parties and vendors
• Strong knowledge of NICE suit of products like ACTIMIZE and Watch list filtering
• Strong knowledge of Data ETL and Analysis toolsets
• Knowledge of MS office products and tools such as JIRA
Ideal but not essentials domain specific experience includes:
• Demonstrable knowledge of the management of Data and Analytics in Financial Services.
• Experience delivering changes of a technical and business nature.
• Experience delivering IT and Business change in a complex technology estate.
• Experience of working on large scale programmes managing the dependencies and conflicts
• An understanding of Nationwide’s customer data management and legislation.
• Experience defining and delivering Operating Models within the Financial Sector
What you'll be doing
• This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of medium to large change initiatives through the full lifecycle from inception through to close-down. This will involve scoping, planning, managing, estimating, and delivering change initiatives.
• Accountable for delivering and managing multiple medium to large change initiatives successfully against agreed delivery plan(s) to time, quality and cost that in turn feed into change team outcomes / roadmaps. This will involve business readiness, release management, demand management and implementation.
• Responsible for assessing the outcomes linked to multiple medium to large size change initiatives, ensuring that they land well in the business and in turn deliver tangible outcomes meeting the needs of our members and employees.
• Responsible for identifying and utilising the appropriate set of delivery methodologies for medium to large change initiatives and operating within specified guardrails ensuring that key deliverables are fit for purpose and will enable the defined outcomes.
• As required, this role will be required to feed into the Quarterly Review (QR) memo and generate accurate, relevant and timely reporting to enable progress of change initiatives to be tracked centrally whilst working alongside the Change Realisation Office, Delivery Support and Change Quality Partners to monitor and provide insight into how the project / portfolio is tracking.
• Lead diverse teams within the Delivery Management capability, working alongside Delivery Support to ensure that resource is allocated to the right place at the right time and that behaviours including confidence and accountable freedom are embedded whilst playing a part in driving a cultural shift of outcome focused on change.
• This role is accountable for removing blockers (and supporting others to do the same) and the pro-active identification, communication and resolution of risks and issues as well as working alongside Delivery Support to asses and apply continuous improvement measures in inflight change initiatives, post programme/project reviews and directly into methodology revisions. This role will be a natural point of escalation and will foster a learning culture based on continuous improvement.
• This role will encourage a collaborative team and exhibit the behaviours of an Agile Leader with an Agile mindset whilst encouraging the team to embrace and adopt agile values and principles.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%.
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary.
• 24 days of holiday plus bank holidays.
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets.
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme.
• Annual car allowance of £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.