Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801191
- Closing Date: 25 June 2019
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Software Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate with applications that manage and maintain our employee proposition and our financial wellbeing.
Who we're looking for
You. We hope, anyway. We are looking for Software Engineers with experience in application design and implementation across corporate HR and Finance domains.
Ideally you will have demonstrable experience in:
• Oracle’s PeopleSoft HCM inc. Global Payroll and/or CRM suites
• Oracle’s PeopleSoft Financial and Supply Chain Management suite
• Oracle’s Hyperion Financial Management suite
• Oracle’s Fusion Talent Management suite
• Software development using PeopleCode, SQL, SSIS, SSRS and use of Phire and TFS
• Migration of on-premise platform(s) to cloud-hosted solutions or platforms
• Software Development Lifecycles and knowledge of Agile and DevOps
• Functional and technical design authorship
• Performance and resilience-related architecture and design
• Live incident support
• Strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
• Working with and overseeing technical deliveries provided by partner organisations
What you'll be doing
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, thinking end-to-end. You will be working with teams of engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy. You will be implementing design patterns appropriately as we develop our HR and Finance application estate both on-premise and within cloud service offerings. You will be quality-assuring work delivered by partner organisations to ensure it is in line with our standards. As your knowledge grows you will become a recognised expert for the platforms, services and applications that provide functionality to our HR and Finance communities. The role also includes:
• Engagement with programmes and projects to provide expert input into all aspects of the lifecycle, from early life through to production support
• Responsibility for quality-assuring design and technical deliveries
• Understanding the business impact of technical problems and being comfortable making risk assessments
• Proactively contributing to the evolution of software engineering within Nationwide
• Quickly understanding problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means feeling valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all of our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to work around your day-to-day life, and we show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer.
We’d love it if you joined us. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide. Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record check, credit check and references.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.