IT Service Manager
IT Service Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801205
- Closing Date: 27 June 2019
• An IT Service Manager in our Head Office in Swindon.
Would you like to manage the interface between IT Operations and senior stakeholders in the business, acting as the primary link into the business for the delivery and performance of live services?
We are looking for an IT Service Manager to join our established high performing team based in Swindon within IT Service Management. This is a diverse, fast paced role which requires a self-motivated candidate, dedicated to protecting and delivering world class IT services to our internal and external Customers.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a growing part of the business and will allow you to engage with many different areas. Promoting the interests of the business into live services and having a close understanding of the business drivers, fostering strong relationships in both directions. This will be a pivotal role in building and maintaining a strong operational relationship between IT and the business.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a confident individual who has Service Management experience and knowledge of Service Management methodologies.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• have a good understanding of IT Service Management practices and frameworks (ITIL)
• have excellent stakeholder management, influencing and networking skills, comfortable engaging with Senior and Executive Management
• have excellent communication skills, comfortable interpreting and presenting complex technical information in business language
• have an understanding of and the ability to accommodate and blend the differing needs of multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources
• have the ability to identify IT risks and balance their mitigation against business impact
• encourage collaboration across teams aiming to share knowledge and learning to ultimately improve service delivery
• maintain productivity, drive and resiliency in changing and ambiguous situations as you’ll need to continually evaluate, prioritise and manage your workload in a fast-moving environment
• be passionate about delivering great customer and service outcomes
It would be nice if you also had:
• The ITIL Foundation Certificate
• Experience of IT within financial services
What you'll be doing
Working closely with IT and Business teams, you will utilise a framework of service performance, cost, risk and demand to shape the delivery of the IT service ensuring that it meets the agreed service levels. You will agree criteria to measure success and regularly review performance against this ensuring that progress is made and that your business customers are satisfied with the service received. You will work with our Strategic Partners to ensure that they too work to the standards and service expectations of Nationwide.
You will be the escalation point for the business for the resolution of issues with IT Services. You’ll be required to articulate service impacts from a business perspective to ensure the priority of incidents and problems are set accurately and that changes are scheduled at an appropriate time. You will be responsible for driving the IT supply chain to deliver and recover IT services. You will need to be comfortable operating at a Senior and Executive Management level, communicating service issues, reporting on major incidents as well as managing expectations in relation to all aspects of service delivery. What’s more, you will oversee the technology service risks for your IT services, reviewing these with key stakeholders and agreeing action plans where needed. You will also be responsible for identifying and delivering cost justifiable service improvement initiatives for the IT services within your portfolio.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Car allowance worth £4656
Nationwide recognises that flexible working can improve working conditions for employees by better enabling them to combine their work and personal life. As a consequence it can also help to increase morale, reduce absenteeism and improve employee retention.
During recruitment, managers will consider the design of any role and which working pattern(s) would be most appropriate. Applications from people who wish to work on a flexible basis are welcomed and considered on their merits along with all other applications received.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.