Software Engineer - C#, .NET, SQL
Software Engineer - C#, .NET, SQL
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801215
- Closing Date: 31 August 2019
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Software Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate on applications supporting our Financial Crime and Risk applications.
Who we're looking for
You. We hope, anyway. We are looking for Software Engineers with experience in application design and development – contributing to solutions across our Fraud, AML and Risk Systems portfolio. You could be developing in C#.Net, SQL or in vendor-specific technologies building your knowledge on our industry leading, specialist systems and processes.
You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of…
• Development in a Windows Environment including C#.Net, MS SQL databases and reporting, ETL processes
• An appreciation of Software Development Lifecycles and knowledge of Agile and DevOps
• Experience of design
• An understanding of performance and resilience
• Engineering of IT solutions to meet Business requirements
• Live incident support
• Stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
• The ability to quickly understanding problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
What you'll be doing
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. You will be working within a team of engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy.
• Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input into all aspects of the lifecycle, from early life through to production support
• Contributing to Detailed Functional & Technical Designs
• Engineering of Software solutions, including design & code reviews
• Understanding the business impact of technical problems and be comfortable making risk assessments
• Proactively contributing to the evolution of Software Engineering within Nationwide
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means feeling valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all of our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to work around your day-to-day life, and we show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer:
Info on what this benefit structure looks like can be accessed here.
We’d love it if you joined us. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide. Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record check, credit check and references.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. But, however large we grow, we will never lose sight of what makes us different: our commitment to our members and to building our society in the right way. Our goal is to be more than a business. We want to be known as an organisation that is always open, honest and trustworthy, where people are helped, supported and loyal. After all, we’re a building society. So we’re building our ‘society’ with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we’re all here to help each other. That’s what we’re all about and that’s what makes us different.