DevOps Configuration & Release Manager
DevOps Configuration & Release Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801245
- Closing Date: 26 January 2020
• A DevOps Configuration & Release Manager in our head offices in Swindon
• Permanent 35-hour per week contract
• Send in your application by ASAP
Nationwide has recently launched a new data strategy which will transform the way the society thinks about, values and manages its data. As part of this new strategy the data & analytics community, and more specifically, the data solutions team has a number of exciting new roles to help deliver on the promises of reducing the number of legacy data stores, simplifying the architectural landscape and treating data as a valued asset.
This role will focus on coordinating and managing the growing number of engineering tools, technologies, code bases and data sets used for developing data solutions on the new Information Management platform.
Combining accountabilities for code management, deployment packaging and data configuration, this exciting new role will provide the opportunity to work with some cutting-edge technologies, industry leading vendors and help shape and drive the next phase of the strategy execution.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you will:
• Have significant experience of configuration and release management processes aligned to ITIL, ideally in a Data Warehouse and Data Lake context.
• Hands-on experience of working within a DevOps environment
• Experience of Agile and Waterfall delivery methods, and moving from Waterfall to Agile.
• Be familiar with source control systems (e.g. GIT, SVN, TFS) and how they are used with various object types (e.g. textual files, data models, XML files)
• Be familiar with build and deployment tools e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Ansible.
• Have an understanding of how to pull tools together into a coherent tool-chain for delivery.
• Be able to communicate and co-ordinate with other teams including project management, build, environment and test teams.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Have worked in the financial sector for part of your career to date
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Snr Mgr Data Engineering, you will be responsible for ensuring that all configurable assets developed and used by the data engineering teams (test data sets, code branches, data models, mapping specs etc) are managed in accordance with the configuration management strategy.
With the growing utilisation of Agile and distributed POD delivery in Data Engineering this role will be crucially important in helping the delivery streams to manage their data, code and other assets in a responsible and controlled manor to ensure that we can safely accelerate the pace of delivery.
You will be highly motivated to help the Data Engineering team to improve its productivity and reduce its manual errors through the increased use of automation tools and techniques.
In short, this is an exciting and energetic area to be working and you will be the lynchpin in helping us in our drive to become better, faster, cheaper.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Risk Manager Lead - Cyber Security