Platform Manager - Transition
Platform Manager - Transition
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801249
- Closing Date: 21 July 2019
- An IT Operations Platform Manager - Transition
- Based at our Head Office in SwindonWe are looking for an experienced team leader to join our established high performing team based in Swindon within IT Operations. This is a diverse, fast paced role which requires a self-motivated candidate, dedicated to protecting and delivering world class IT services.
This is a chance to join the IT Operations Management team in a key role and will give you the opportunity to grow and develop your own team, work in a growing, fast paced environment and build relationships across many different areas of IT and the business
Who we're looking for
• A sound understanding of application development and how applications integrate across the IT
• Extensive IT service delivery experience in an ITIL environment
• ITIL Foundation as a minimum
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, able to influence and
negotiate with people at all levels, whilst building good business relationships
• Proven experience of managing performance and driving improvements in an IT management
• Proven experience of managing and developing high performing teams
• Experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers and Strategic Partners
• Leadership and management skills appropriate for a complex technical area
What you'll be doing
You’ll lead the Transition team in IT Operations, accountable for the smooth introduction of new projects into service, ensuring that the service delivered is cost effective and maintains the integrity of the existing portfolio.
You’ll manage and lead the team, delivering service across the whole of IT Operations including ECC, Networks, Infrastructure and Application Support. This will involve developing a high performing team, maintaining supplier relationships and performance, optimising costs driving continuous service improvement and protecting service.
• Responsible for leading the Transition team
• Plan and lead service transition activities to ensure the successful go live of new services
• Responsible for managing availability and performance of the application services through warranty.
• Establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders across Nationwide, monitoring business satisfaction
• Responsible for controlling system budgets, reducing costs where possible and ensuring that future costs are identified and minimised where possible
• Maintain the application portfolio and roadmap including functional scope, technical scope, new applications and decommissioned applications
• Drive continuous improvement, delivering initiatives to improve performance
• Responsible for the effectiveness of controls within the team to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory frameworks
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.