Platform Manager - Service Optimisation
Platform Manager - Service Optimisation
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801252
- Closing Date: 21 July 2019
• An IT Operations Platform Manager – Service Optimisation
• Based at our Head Office in Swindon
We are looking for an experienced team leader to join our established high performing team based in Swindon within IT Operations. This is a diverse, fast paced role which requires a self-motivated candidate, dedicated to protecting and delivering world class IT services.
This is a chance to join the IT Operations Management team in a key role and will give you the opportunity to grow and develop your own team, work in a growing, fast paced environment and build relationships across many different areas of IT and the business.
Who we're looking for
- Extensive IT service delivery experience in an ITIL environment
- ITIL Foundation as a minimum
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, able to influence and negotiate with people at all levels, whilst building good business relationships
- Proven experience of managing performance and driving improvements in an IT management role
- Proven experience of managing and developing high performing teams
- Experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers and Strategic Partners
- Leadership and management skills appropriate for a complex technical area
What you'll be doing
You’ll lead the Service Optimisation Team in IT Operations, accountable for ensuring our members receive legendary service from our supplier partners and Nationwide teams. Monitoring performance and driving improvement, ensuring that the service delivered is cost effective and efficient.
You’ll manage and lead the team, delivering service across the whole of IT Operations including ECC, Networks, Infrastructure and Application Support. This will involve developing a high performing team, maintaining supplier relationships and performance, optimising costs, driving continuous service improvement and protecting service.
• Responsible for leading the Service Optimisation Team
• Plan and lead team initiatives to drive continuous service improvement
• Establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders across Nationwide, monitoring business satisfaction
• Build relationships across multiple supplier partners dealing with escalations and operational issues as required
• Drive continuous improvement, delivering initiatives to improve performance, processes and controls to support applications
• Responsible for the effectiveness of controls within the team to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory frameworks
• Accountable for ensuring incidents and problems are resolved within agreed service levels
• Develop and manage stakeholder relationships across Operations and Delivery to ensure service levels are maintained.
• Manage availability and performance of services, emerging problems, trends and risks
and ensure correct mitigation actions are in place
• Review supplier Key Performance Indictors and reporting to identify and address issues and exceptions
• Improve supplier governance and reporting to ensure exceptions are actively managed and
addressed and supplier performance and costs are optimized
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide