Engineer - C# / ASP.Net / MVC
Engineer - C# / ASP.Net / MVC
- Location: Bournemouth Administration Centre, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801253
- Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Software Engineer – Digital (Specialist Lending Mortgages) (E1)
• Based at our Admin Office Portman House in Bournemouth.
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion.
Who we're looking for
If you have the following skills, we’re keen to hear from you:
• Broad IT experience with a strong understanding of programming concepts and patterns
• Hands on experience of the full Microsoft Development stack, including:
o C# / ASP.Net / MVC
o Web API / WCF
o SQL Server
• Technical expertise in the development and unit test of code including writing automated unit tests
• Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of working under Agile development methodologies
It would also be an advantage if you have knowledge and experience in any of the following areas:
• Experience of supporting applications in production
• DevOps tooling
• Continuous Integration and deployment
• Oracle and Unix
What you'll be doing
Day-to-day you’ll be exploiting your experience of developing and supporting first-class solutions in an Agile environment. You’ll be working in a diverse cross functional team, in a relaxed and fun environment in our Bournemouth offices, using your experience to assist with the delivery of software changes across the lifecycle, including run.
We are an evolving team and looking for someone who’s always looking to drive continuous improvements and promote best practice through their actions and behaviours. You should be someone who wants to learn from colleagues, as well as self-sufficiently, and be confident to share your own knowledge, experience and ideas.
We are in the process of in-housing some of our solutions, as well as continuing to support and integrate with others, so we are looking for someone who is versatile in both their experience and mindset. We are looking for someone with a broad foundation level set of skills and knowledge, who can assist wherever the demand is.
The extras you'll get
We aim to give our people a good work-life balance and understand that flexible working and getting your schedule in advance helps you to organise your life. We also offer:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.