Operational Support Officer
Operational Support Officer
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801272
- Closing Date: 26 July 2019
You will be joining the Operational Resilience Squad. The Squad is embarking on an exciting transformational journey and looking for individuals to support new ways of working as well ensuring that we continue to deliver existing requirements within the Squad.
The Operational Support Officer is responsible for providing a reliable and robust service to support the effective running of the team.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for candidates who can
• Build strong working relationships with squad stakeholders
• Be highly organised individual committed to meeting deadlines
• Demonstrate that they are a resilient character comfortable operating in a delivery focused environment
• Demonstrate a good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office
• Desired: Previous experience Project management environment
• Desired: An understanding or experience of Project Management toolsets
• Desired: An understanding or experience of Project methodology
What you'll be doing
• Support team organisation data and process needs such as resourcing, recruitment, onboarding
• Assist Operational Support Officer (L2.1) or Delivery Support Manager to ensure that delivery teams adhere to adaptive change framework
• Ensure that governance controls are monitored and all change initiative information is recorded accurately in the chosen toolset
• Assist with Delivery Support Manager to identify issues related to health of change initiatives and ensure actions are put in place to remedy
• Assist with Quality assurance and Internal / External audits
• Gather and interpret management information (including team* metrics) and produce relevant reporting packs on teams* performance and efficiency
• Report on adherence to the Change Control standards
• Conduct regular reviews and escalate issues to Operational Support Officer (L2.1) or Delivery Support Manager Ensure key team processes are compliant with standards and produce reports as required for review meetings
• Run financial extract report and review to understand anomalies
• Oversee financial process communicating deadlines and chasing progress
• Oversee reporting and management information process including co-ordinating the submission of reports
• Provide Secretariat services for Squad delivery Boards requiring formal governance
• Ensuring documentation is stored in the appropriate repository and version controlled
• Able to deputise for the Operational Support Officer (2.1) during periods of absence
• Provide General Team support for team events, meetings, travel etc
• Provide support for meetings including agendas, minutes, actions etc
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means feeling valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all of our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to work around your day-to-day life, and we show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.