Assistant Facilities Consultant Retail South
Assistant Facilities Consultant Retail South
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £23,574 - £34,051
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002801273
- Closing Date: 21 July 2019
- Facilities Management Assistant in our head offices in Swindon.
- £23,574 to £34,051 a year on a full time 12 month Fixed Term contract.
- Send in your application by 21st
Ensuring the delivery of Facilities Services that underpin substantial and/or operational changes. This role level will initiate and lead tasks and processes, taking responsibility for assignment of work to the right team and monitoring completion. This role and is aligned to industry standards (as an associate/affiliate level within the British Institute of Facilities Management structure).
A candidate with a full drivers licence is desirable for flexible scheduling of branch visits on a planned and reactive basis.
Who we're looking for
- Work towards a relevant business qualification (e.g. BIFM).
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to relate at all levels when influencing, negotiating, members, employees, suppliers (e.g. key partners).
- Be recognised as an expert in Facilities Management to drive continuous improvement into service delivery.
- Promote a culture where PRIDE is paramount.
What you'll be doing
Facilities Assistant's role is to support the Retail FM function of Property Services Department (PSD) by delivering the following activities/responsibilities in collaboration and support of the Facilities Manager for Retail FM South:
- Major incident management requiring an on-site FM/PSD presence in a branch.
- Accompanying or standing in for Facilities Manager on Regional Director Stakeholder Meetings and telecons.
- Completing branch visits to review facility conditions and lead action to recover issues apparent of the building which could be affecting employee wellbeing and/or service to members.
- Completing a target of 8 branch visits per month to support the Retail Branch Engagement strategy which gathers Branch Manager opinion of FM Services.
- Maintaining the administration of 4 Regional Service Escalation (Issues) Logs including leading weekly update meetings/telecons with the Facilities Manager.
- Operating the 3rd level step of the PSD service escalation process for property faults and service complaints in the retail branch network in support of the Facilities Manager.
- Maintain a network of key contacts in Nationwide and in Nationwide's supply chain in order to maximise own operational efficiency and to contribute to service innovation and excellence.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.