- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801274
- Closing Date: 22 July 2019
- A Business Designer
- Based in Swindon
- Salary range £54,231 – £88,126 dependent on experience
Our change professionals have the exciting challenge of helping to deliver Nationwide’s ambitious transformation agenda. We have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any time, many of which are delivering new products and technologies, as well as updating our existing technology estate. We do this, whilst striving to ensure that the society remains competitive and providing legendary service to our members.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced Business Design Lead with a breadth of knowledge including solution and enterprise architecture to help us shape, lead and deliver programmes of change across the Society.
You will have extensive experience of working within a business analysis and solution design role, on complex, cross functional change initiatives with the ability to lead a team of people and work with senior level stakeholders on large complex initiatives, preferably within financial services.
You’re able to confidently demonstrate, use and coach numerous elicitation techniques and analysis methodologies to add value, as well as to challenge appropriately and determine solutions to complex problems.
You’ll plan and task manage others to develop high quality deliverables. Through leadership and coaching you will ensure that your team work collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders, giving confidence in delivery and realising the squad Roadmap and its OKRs.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Exceptional leadership, influencing, communication, line management and organisational skills
- Demonstrable track record within a business analysis or solution architecture role working on multiple complex, cross-functional change initiatives at any one
- Sound knowledge and understanding of various project delivery methodologies, structures and working practices
- Proven experience in roadmap shaping and development, applying expert analysis skills to shape and hold the change team vision linking into the overall organisational strategy
- A conceptual thinker with the ability to translate strategic outcomes into Change team OKRs
- Excellent insight, analytical and problem-solving skills with extensive experience of defining requirements and determining solution propositions
- Excellent knowledge of facilitation, information gathering and organisational change management
- Proven experience of functional leadership leading a team’s ranging from 10 – 100 FTE, across multiple small or large scale/complex change initiatives across multiple sites
What you'll be doing
Working closely with the Chief Product Owner (CPO) and Delivery Lead (DL) for the Product & Propositions (P&P) Squad you will be responsible for shaping the prioritisation and outcomes to form a roadmap for the Change team. You will support the CPO in the definition of Change team level Objective and Key Results (OKRs) and designing business solutions for the Change team, ensuring a balance between requirements of the Change team, strategic direction and drive to achieve value and velocity.
This role is principally accountable for the business design approach and leadership of the business design activities, dealing with content rich problems of a technical and business nature. You will be a natural problem solver, able to bring challenges to life and collaborate with others to provide pragmatic and value adding solutions, balancing the short and long term needs of the organisation. For this specific role it’s also highly desirable that you have a working knowledge of professional software development life cycle as in addition to your business design duties you would be required to:
- work with Architecture and Engineering in multiple business areas to agree solution constraints and opportunities
- work closely with Architects and Engineers to ensure solution integrity throughout the change lifecycle on projects and programmes ensuring that all solutions are fit for purpose
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car allowance worth £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.