Data Quality Consultant
Data Quality Consultant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801276
- Closing Date: 26 July 2019
A Data Management Consultant (Data Quality) based in our Head Office, Swindon
Competitive Salary on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract
Send in your application by 26th July 2019
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
You’ll be part of the Data Quality team which enables and supports the business to measure, remediate and improve the quality of Nationwide’s data, using the Data & Analytics governance framework. The team is responsible for requirements gathering, data profiling, data quality scorecard development, data lineage and metadata management.
As well as being experts in data, we are fully involved in Nationwide’s citizenship agenda; enjoying regular socials and giving our time to community volunteering projects. We aim to live and work by the PRIDE values and become the exemplar team in Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have:
• A curiosity and thirst for data knowledge, with a technical mindset, and be able to demonstrate a drive for continual improvement
• A good attention to detail, with the ability to spot patterns and issues
• The ability to influence stakeholders at all levels and across different business areas and thrive on collaboration across colleagues and teams
• Experience in task management; able to prioritise tasks in challenging times
• Experience of, or willingness to develop skills required for the tools we use for data quality, lineage and reporting
• Be willing to play an active role in developing streamlined data-related reports to progress our reporting suite
• Be innovative, creative and agile; developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities and learning fast along the way.
It would be useful if you have:
• Experience of identifying requirements associated with effective data management technologies, including data quality, metadata and lineage
• Knowledge and experience of methodologies for data management and/or governance and experience of working in a change control environment
• Have experience in the use of Informatica IDQ (Data quality/profiling) and Qlik Sense
• Experience of relevant coding using SQL, SAS or VBA; with an eye for automation
What you'll be doing
• Profiling files to perform detailed analysis of our data, to help the business define data quality rules and uncover data quality issues. This will be for both corporate projects and business users
• Using tooling to look at lineage and metadata management across our data estate
• Working with our governance team, as well as business users, to track data issues and provide guidance on data cleansing
• Providing coaching, mentoring and training both to team members, community members and the business
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.