Application Support Manager
Application Support Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801277
- Closing Date: 22 July 2019
Due to two internal moves there are opportunities to join the Application Support Leadership team in key roles.
As a Senior Manager in Application Support, you’ll be a core part of the IT Operations leadership team providing support and direction for technical professionals within defined application support functions. These teams will be responsible for maintaining service levels and integrating systems which are critical to the success of Nationwide’s operational regulatory and strategic targets.
You’ll report into the Head of IT Operations, manage a team of Application Support Platform Managers and have primary responsibility for delivery through our Strategic Partner support teams.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to:
• Possess excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to build working relationships, influence and negotiate with people at all levels within the organisation and partner ecosystem
• Have experience of running and leading multi-disciplined teams within a complex technical area, ideally with experience of managing teams which are based across various locations and countries
• Have a genuine interest in current and future technologies & processes with an understanding of SRE, DevOps & SaaS.
• Hold a sound understanding of application development and how applications integrate across the IT landscape, with a strong emphasis on precision and process
• Own strong relationship management skills with experience of influencing across various levels
• Have significant IT experience and a focus on core customer service
• Be able to translate technical detail into business language and vice versa
• Knowledge of business change would be preferential but is not essential
What you'll be doing
Main role responsibilities:
• Lead the operational and strategic relationship with Application Support suppliers and partners, driving service delivery obligations and continuous service improvement
• Liable for managing large budgets, ensuring that future costs of applications services are cost effective whilst maintaining the stability and integrity of the application portfolio and roadmap
• Supporting and developing new ways of working adopting DevOps and Agile processes into the Support functions
• Developing an approach to use of SaaS services and supporting the evolution of a roadmap for migrating applications to cloud platform
• Leading the evolution of the operating model within the application support function
• Become a part of the IT Operations Leadership team ensuring ongoing collaboration across teams to deliver great customer outcomes
• Collaborating with the Delivery and Transition teams to ensure high quality solutions are delivered to the production environment
• Driving continuous improvement through items such as capacity optimisation, application knowledge and understanding and mitigating service risks
• Developing strategic plans and direction in order to maximise efficiency whilst maintaining a strong focus on the day to day operation.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide.
As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.