- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801280
- Closing Date: 22 July 2019
A full time position within the Infrastructure Engineering Centre of Excellence for an experienced technical professional with a background working with Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager to perform design, build and consultancy. The role requires knowledge of the various Configuration Manager platforms and their use within the business.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM 2012) as well as Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager Current Branch, and the associated infrastructure and system roles
Expert knowledge of the following Configuration Manager Functionality:
- Collections, roles, and scopes
- Site & content Boundaries
- Software Updates
- Application and package creation and deployment
- Task Sequences
- Client Settings
- Client health & remediation
- Role Based Access Control
- OSD and associated processes
- Queries & reporting
Have experience of working with projects to provide technical guidance and extract requirements.
Be able to produce technical designs and liaise with stakeholders to support the delivery of infrastructure designs and solutions.
Have the ability to translate complex technical issues into straight forward jargon free terminology.
Have excellent analytical and technical implementation skills – experience in technical infrastructure delivery along with knowledge of best practice.
Have experience of working with external partners delivering IT solutions.
It would be advantageous if you also had:
A working knowledge of other associated infrastructure tooling (with focus on Microsoft and Cloud technologies).
Knowledge of Configuration Manager Asset Intelligence Software Metering, endpoint protection, and compliance settings
Strong PowerShell scripting knowledge.
Be process driven, with an understanding of DevOps, and agile delivery processes.
Strong functional and organisational knowledge in Retail Financial Services.
Awareness of Nationwide’s business objectives and structure.
What you'll be doing
• Utilising your background knowledge of Configuration Manager platforms to design, build and test existing and new functionality.
• Provide consultancy to programmes / projects ensuring Configuration Manager related deliverables of the organisation are represented and understood.
• Using technical knowledge and expertise to design and deliver innovative solutions to meet business requirements.
Utilise Configuration Manager Functionality to build and implement solutions in accordance with project needs.
Be a point of contact for Configuration Manager tooling expertise within the organisation.
Identifying solution inter-dependencies, risks and exceptions across multiple projects.
Advise on improvements to ensure the evolution of Nationwide’s Configuration Manager capabilities.
Contributing to the continual improvement of Infrastructure Process & Design across the change lifecycle.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.