Data Privacy Lead
Data Privacy Lead
- Location: Northampton, Swindon, Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002801281
- Closing Date: 23 July 2019
Security Lead – Strategy, Planning and Business Management - 8 Month Secondment/Fixed Term Contact
This role is an exciting opportunity to have real input into the development of a key function within the Security community at Nationwide. Working in our Strategy, Planning and Business Management team, the Lead will be key to carrying out the day to day tasks required to run a successful Security community, helping drive improvements to the management processes across Security, supporting work on the Security Operating Model, and working with all the teams across the Security function to improve Security’s ways of working.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an ambitious, energetic, change-oriented individual, who has a proven track record of working within the Financial Services sector.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
· Experience of Information Security
· A willingness to continually learn, and an interest in future innovations and technologies
· Ability to work with multiple stakeholders within Security, and across the Operations & Delivery, Data & Analytics, Transformation, Payments and Supply Chain Management communities
· Excellent presentation and documentation skills.
· Excellent communication skills
· Highly motivated self-starter who also works well as part of a team and relishes a challenge
· An ability to communicate security issues and constraints to non-technical colleagues
· Analytical skills and an aptitude for problem solving
It would be nice if you also had:
· Experience or knowledge of the existing management systems and processes in Nationwide.
· A good understanding of the Security teams and various business areas within Nationwide management.
· Experience of working within a change environment
· Experience of identify improvements and implementing them
· Experience of working within an agile environment
· Excellent influencing skills
What you'll be doing
The role includes identifying, managing and delivering process improvement opportunities, responsibility for operating some of our security management systems including finance, recruitment, resource and demand management, having the opportunity to lead on activities that involve the whole of Security, supporting work on the Security Operating Model and Business plan, and assisting with the implementation of the Security People Strategy.
We want someone who will excel when working in fast paced environments, who will be responsible for maintaining high standards of operational output. You’ll also be an advocate and ambassador for Security, and want to have a positive impact on the Security operation.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
· Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and caree
· Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
· Life assurance worth 8x your salary
· 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
· The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
· Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
· Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.