Delivery Value Manager
Delivery Value Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £47,078
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801282
- Closing Date: 19 September 2019
Job Title: Delivery Value Manager
Salary: £42, 370 to £61,201 depending on experience plus lots of extra benefits
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Flexible (with regular travel to our head offices in Swindon)
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We are investing heavily in transforming our systems and our ways of working to drive pace and agility in how we deliver alongside empowering our people to deliver through their skills and experience.
You’ll be joining a team embarking on an exciting transformational journey. Our new ways of working will allow our projects to be relevant and most importantly add value to our business. This exciting role plays a big part working along-side our change leaders to influence how we deliver Business & IT Change projects safely, efficiently and effectively through great project management office skills to drive insight, best practice and continuous improvements.
Who we're looking for
Someone with strong PMO skills who really wants to make a difference in a fast-paced changing project environment. You will have gained demonstrable project/portfolio management office experience in a dynamic/ transformational business environment. You will be an expert in delivering value through delivery insight, governance and assurance frameworks, naturally inquisitive and comfortable with ambiguity and be an expert at managing and influence senior stakeholders.
You’ll also have:
- Experience of working in a project management office environment, assuring change and providing valuable insight to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, working across a variety of departments.
- Strong people and task leadership skills, providing direction, guidance, motivation and support
- The confidence to educate and support the stakeholders you work with; building trust, confidence and understanding.
- Strong organisational skills with planning capabilities to meet and review deadlines.
- Experience of driving governance and controls improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft project and Visio.
- Experience with different methodologies e.g. Waterfall / Scrum / Hybrid with an Agile mindset would be advantageous
- Experience creating and managing complex reports to provide insight and recommendations
- A focus on continuous improvement through root cause analysis
- Evidence of working operationally and strategically
What you'll be doing
You’ll find yourself:
- Working with large and complex change initiatives/projects including proactive tracking of key milestones, dependencies and ensuring resource demand is accurately raised in a timely manner.
- Providing insight, trend analysis and recommendations incl. oversight of assurance frameworks, reviews risks and controls
- Using your problem-solving skills to influence the delivery of outcomes, recommendation and actions.
- Being responsible for working with our Risk Community to run an effective operation, conduct risk management process and implement mechanisms such as risk management plans
- Undertaking complex quality assurance reviews and identifying issues related to the health of change initiatives delivery
- Leading the creation of a framework to drive our Quarterly Review (QR) process to the required pace, consolidating inputs from across several teams, to ensure performance is aligned to strategic outcomes and that the required investment can be secured
- Working with leadership and other stakeholders to drive and suggest new ways of working
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Flexible working - We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.