- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801287
- Closing Date: 23 August 2019
- Risk and Controls Consultant based in Swindon
- £30,506 - £44,065 a year on a full time, permanent contract.
To support, maintain and continuously develop the risk and control activities and frameworks which support the management of risk across the Transformation Community and Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
You’ll either be currently working in a risk-based role or have a strong passion for Risk Management and be looking to take the next step in your career into a risk role.
More broadly, it’s vital you’re solutions focused and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence up to Director level. You’ll be confident and credible promoting an effective risk and controls environment, aiding discussions and debates and facilitating an understanding of risk developments within the Society.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Good communications skills (especially written) and ability to influence senior colleagues internally and externally.
- Ability to interpret MI and create engaging content to be delivered to our Senior Leadership Team.
- Awareness of internal and external developments affecting Nationwide relating to risk and control, to include an understanding of the appropriate regulatory frameworks.
- Sound knowledge of risk frameworks and experience of assessing against these frameworks
- An understanding of how Operational Risk Management.
- Able to proactively and confidently network and influence, often at a senior level to ensure risk management is as effective as it needs to be in Nationwide.
What you'll be doing
- Build and maintain networks and relationships with the wider Key Controls Functions, Business Risk Partners and peers to bring best practice and risk management developments back into the Governance, Risk and Control Team.
- Provide specialist SME advice to the business on risk and control assessments and scenario analysis to ensure appropriate 1st line management of risk action plans. Provide specialist advice on the management of relevant incidents.
- Develop, analyse and collate stakeholder MI to create effective reporting for Community audiences. Develop MI solutions to underpin the oversight of Risk that best meet the changing needs of customers. Be ready to evaluate and make recommendations based MI to a senior audience.
- Prepare regular risk reporting and insight documentation this will include direct input to key objectives such as policies, risk assessments, risk improvement programmes, including liaison with other 2nd and 3rd line specialists where applicable.
- Support in the identification, management, recovery and prevention of community related incidents with the aim of influencing optimal recovery options and ensuring lessons are learned and corrective action embedded.
- Support the delivery and embedding of a robust risk governance framework to ensure that appropriate risk information flows around the organisation on a timely basis, and processes in place to escalate risk / control issues.
- Support the development of the Transformation Governance, Risk and Controls Function with 1st line risk management activity as a focal point for direction, training, advice, support and guidance on all aspects of the risk category, policies and controls for the business.
- Support the assessment of the Transformation Third Parties ensuring all operational and conduct risks are identified and mitigating action plans are implemented and monitored through to mitigation / tolerance.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.