- Location: Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801289
- Closing Date: 31 October 2019
We are looking for a Test Engineer that will work within a community of multi skilled teams and be responsible for task management of a small team of test engineers. This role will contribute to the creation of technical artefacts that are aligned to engineering principles and the architectural strategy and provide technical expertise and support to the squad/business area.
What we need
· A Test Engineer based at our offices in Swindon, just an hour from London by train, with the option of flexible working
· Salary - competitive, to reflect experience
· A permanent, full time member of the team, working a flexible 35-hour week with a clear career path for development and promotion
Who we're looking for
You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to translate technical explanations to stakeholders
Providing guidance and direction to less experienced Engineers to help to create fit for purpose artefacts that meet requirements of the organisation and fit the engineering architecture strategy
· Leads a team to discuss / challenge and inform the approach for testable solutions and educating best practices in Testing and Quality
· Experience of the end to end Software Development Lifecycle, with knowledge and experience of working in using both agile and waterfall methodologies
· A technical mindset, and the ability to provide hands on test support to projects and initiatives
· Presenting testing best practice methods specific to the technology under Test and the benefits of using them, agnostic to specific toolsets, and have real world experience of implementing these practices
· Defining, planning and executing manual and automated test phases
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Senior Test Engineer you will work with a team of engineers responsible for the delivery of change solutions. Implementing demonstrable and measurable, structured design techniques appropriate to the technology under Test, aligned to the portfolio strategies
You will use engineered design to enable automation first approaches using industry best practices leveraging test design approaches to maximise opportunity for automation.
Be an Engineering advocate across Nationwide, supporting recruitment and pipeline talent development, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing experiences, e.g. through blog posts, tech talks etc
Developing capability, through guidance/coaching/ mentoring, of less experienced engineers as required
You will be working closely with other disciplines to;
· Contribute to estimates and impact assessments
· Clarify requirements
· Identify ideas for improvement
· Contribute to the production of technical documentation
· Execute an automation first approach using industry best practices, and the appropriate exploratory/manual testing of change
· Quickly understanding problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.