Software Engineer - Digital Portfolio
Software Engineer - Digital Portfolio
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801312
- Closing Date: 30 September 2019
Location: Swindon or London
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As an Application Security Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate on our Financial Crime and Risk applications.
Who we're looking for
You. We hope, anyway. We are looking for an Application Security Engineer with experience in designing for security and secure programming – working as a security engineering subject matter expert across our verity of systems portfolio and more specifically on our Money Management digital programme.
You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of…
• Full appreciation of Software Development Lifecycles and knowledge of Agile and DevSecOps
• General mobile security concepts (i.e. Secure enclaves, mobile IPC, Sandboxing, Code signing …)
• Web application vulnerabilities and security concepts (session management, XSS, CSRF, …)
• Application perimeter defence (i.e. Web Application Firewalls)
• API gateway and Service Mesh and their security implications (i.e. APIGEE, ISTIO…)
• Design for security, threat modelling and application security methodologies and frameworks (i.e. Microsoft SDL,OWASP ASVS…)
• Cryptographic primitives and protocols and their applications and limitations
What you'll be doing
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, thinking end to end. You will be the security engineering subject matter expert and will work alongside other engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy. You will also be working on innovation, R&D projects in security including Homomorphic Encryption (HE), secure enclaves and quantum resistant cryptography. It is worth mentioning that security engineers are mainly accountable for the Protect function of our enterprise cybersecurity framework.
• Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input from early life through to production support
• Accountable for detailed design for security and secure programming
• Engineering of secure software solutions, including design & code reviews from security perspective
• Threat modelling
• Understanding the business impact of technical problems and be comfortable making risk assessments
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means feeling valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all of our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to work around your day-to-day life, and we show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer:
We’d love it if you joined us. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide. Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record, credit check and references.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.