Business Manager - Cloud
Business Manager - Cloud
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801361
- Closing Date: 22 August 2019
We’re no strangers to being at the forefront of technological breakthroughs – first in the UK to launch internet banking, joint first with Apple pay, Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches.
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members...
Our adoption of cloud is fundamental to the success of our material investment in technology for now and the future. The creation of first-class cloud products and capabilities that can be harnessed and leveraged are critical to achieving our strategy, delighting our members and the foundation of our digital capability. Our level of ambition is set high, that’s why we need an experienced talent to drive forward our cloud strategy delivery.
And that’s where you come in…
The Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) management function leads the professional, efficient and smooth-running operation of the CCoE as a business unit. The team ensures the work and value delivered by all areas of the Centre of Excellence is:
- Performant and understood by Nationwide’s stakeholders in a measurable and transparent manner
- Structured and ways of working are clear and understood
You’ll use your expertise to support and lead the management team across resourcing, finance and governance – supporting and driving the Cloud teams to deliver the vision and benefits to the Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain decisions confidently and clearly
- Excellent business acumen and knowledge of Nationwide / Financial Services
- Exceptional negotiating, networking and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload with conflicting priorities and multiple senior stakeholders to satisfy
- Extensive experience of implementing Operating Models within the parameters of an existing organisations’ operating model
- Direct line and task management experience of teams up to 15 FTE
- Proven experience of change initiative delivery at a significant scale
- Broad understanding of the different change methodologies including waterfall, Agile Scrum and Kanban
- Extensive experience in demand, resource, financial and supplier management and in running and managing work across sizable matrixed teams (circa 100 people)
It would be nice if you also had:
- Detailed understanding of change control standards
- Experience of managing complex programmes within both an agile and waterfall environment (i.e. balancing the needs of both at the same time)
- Experience of learning and development approaches to training needs assessment and solutions,
- Experience of managing cultural change initiatives
- Worked in Financial Services before
- An outcome-based and collaborative approach to delivery
What you'll be doing
- Own, evolve and lead the implementation of the CCoE Operating Model and lead the agile maturity journey for the business teams within the CCoE
- Run the CCoE Management team and act as product owner for the team’s backlog that will consist of operational activity and business change initiatives
- Act as the deputy to the CCoE Lead and represent the CCoE in all required governance forums.
- Lead assurance of multiple complex change initiatives and identify issues related to the health of change, making and acting upon recommendations and influencing key senior stakeholders to improve health of change initiatives and remedy issues, ensuring these are tracked to completion
- Proactive management of CCoE performance through outcomes, objectives and KPI measures
- Proactively manage a budget of at least £25m and work closely with Finance and the Operational Run functions to ensure the use of cloud is commercially viable and financially lean
- Manage the CCoE’s resourcing processes, ensuring that resourcing plans are lean and effective by testing and challenging the proposals from the domains and ensuring that we are maximising value from the available budget and made the right resourcing decisions
- Accountable to produce all outward reporting and be accountable for the governance framework both internal and external to the CCoE; ensuring clarity of progress, plans and challenges
- Internal point of escalation for risks, blockers and dependencies and coordination of external support asks and audit observations
- Partner with Commercial to ensure the right 3rd parties are engaged and are driven effectively in their delivery
- Own the relationship with People & Culture to ensure the sufficient resource is in place, and that the people processes around recruitment, training and development are all in place and fit for purpose
- Be the curator of the CCoE Culture and ensure the working environment, tools access, leadership and communications engender the supportive, collaborative and driving culture.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.