Responsible Business Manager
Responsible Business Manager
- Location: Swindon, Northampton, London, UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801362
- Closing Date: 26 August 2019
- Responsible Business Manager
- Flexible location
- Competitive Salary, Bonus and Benefits
- Send in your application by 26th August 2019
Nationwide was built upon a social purpose and 135 years on, we’re continuing to help build society. We have a responsibility with the business and suppliers to maximise economic, social and environmental value. This is a key part of our business plan, and it's vital that we're clear with suppliers about what we expect of them today and in the future to help us achieve our ambitions and targets.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Responsible Business Manager to join the Supply Chain Responsible Business Team within Supply Chain Management. This is a unique role in a newly formed team that aims to ensure Nationwide strives to be the best it can be in all areas as a responsible business with a focus on our Supply Chain.
The role will be responsible for developing and agreeing the strategic plan and implementing within SCM, the wider business, and the Supply Chain. This role will involve embedding sustainability and diversity strategies into SCM processes and systems and defining expected standards for Supply Chain Responsible Business as part of our supply chain governance, whilst ensuring compliance with regulations.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to enter a role that is of high strategic importance to Nationwide bringing their knowledge of best practice and a creative mind-set to explore, assess, and ultimately implement innovative ideas arising internally and from the Supply Chain.
Who we're looking for
- In-depth knowledge of the UN Global Compact and Sustainable Development Goals and current external best practice
- Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Exemplary stakeholder engagement and management skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships and effective partnerships with external stakeholders
- Creative thinker with drive, passion and an entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to develop a solution from idea to implementation
- Exemplary presentation and communication skills with the ability to educate, motivate and inspire other
- Effective communicator and leader, able to balance sustainability requirements with commercial realities
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively and to manage and deliver a demanding workload
It would also be nice if you had:
- A degree, professional qualification or experience of an equivalent nature
- Financial Services experience
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you’ll be accountable for:
- Developing and implementing a programme of specific activities and focus areas for Supply Chain
- Responsible Business and monitor the emerging landscape for future scope
- Embedding sustainability and diversity strategies into SCM processes and systems, ensuring controlled and effective change with clear communication to all relevant employees
- Completion of external surveys regarding Supply Chain Responsible Business and driving actions plans to further enhance results
- Provide ongoing evaluation and oversee the measurement and performance against key focus areas
- Define expected standards for Supply Chain Responsible Business as part of our supply chain governance and ensure this is discussed with suppliers on a regular basis and monitored
- Promote Supply Chain Responsible Business across the society and actively seek internal and external recognition and award
- Deliver and facilitate training required across SCM and the wider business
- Provide expert advice into the Responsible Business Committee, bringing the outside in
- Provide strategic leadership – challenge current working practise and drive innovation and make a full, positive and proactive contribution to the leadership team
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.