Responsible Business Consultant
Responsible Business Consultant
- Location: Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, UK Wide
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801363
- Closing Date: 26 August 2019
- Responsible Business Consultant
- Flexible location
- Competitive Salary, Bonus and Benefits
- Send in your application by 26th August 2019
Nationwide was built upon a social purpose and 135 years on, we’re continuing to help build society. We have a responsibility with the business and suppliers to maximise economic, social and environmental value. This is a key part of our business plan, and it's vital that we're clear with suppliers about what we expect of them today and in the future to help us achieve our ambitions and targets.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Responsible Business Consultant to join the Supply Chain Responsible Business Team within Supply Chain Management. This is a unique role in a newly formed team that aims to ensure Nationwide strives to be the best it can be in all areas as a responsible business with a focus on our Supply Chain.
The role will support the delivery of the strategic plan within SCM, the wider business, and the Supply Chain and help bring it to life both internally and externally.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to enter a role that is of high strategic importance to Nationwide bringing their knowledge of best practice and a creative mind-set to explore, assess, and ultimately implement innovative ideas arising internally and from the Supply Chain.
Who we're looking for
- Knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals and current best practice
- Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly enthusiastic with excellent presentational, communication, investigative and organisational skills
- Highly credible and self-motivated
- Advanced analytical skills to support the analysis and interpretation of sustainability impacts
- Excellent data management and skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Creative thinker with drive and passion
It would also be nice if you had:
- A degree, professional qualification or experience of an equivalent nature
- Financial Services experience
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you’ll be accountable for:
- Implementing and embedding a programme of specific activities and focus areas for Environment and Supplier Responsible Business
- Monitoring Nationwide’s and suppliers' conformance to requirements on an ongoing basis, report as part of governance process and identify and root causes and trends
- Undertaking research, analysis and reporting
- Collating and sharing best practice examples from across the supply chain
- Delivering training required across SCM and the wider business
- Representing the business within forums, events, networks as directed by line management
- Promoting Environment and Supplier Responsible Business across the society and actively seek internal and external recognition and award
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.