Business Designer (Lead)
Business Designer (Lead)
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801372
- Closing Date: 22 August 2019
- Business Designers (Lead)
- Retail Heritage Squad
- Based in Swindon
- Salary range £50,840 - £73,436 dependent on experience
Our change professionals have the exciting challenge of helping to deliver Nationwide’s ambitious transformation agenda. We have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any time, many of which are delivering new products and technologies, as well as updating our existing technology estate. We do this, whilst striving to ensure that the society remains competitive and providing legendary service to our members.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for experienced Business Designers to help us shape, lead and deliver programmes of change across the Society. You will be leading, shaping, designing and delivering business solutions across our core banking applications and teams.
You will have extensive experience of working within a business analysis, architecture or solution design role, on complex, cross functional change initiatives with the ability to lead large teams of people, preferably within financial services.
You’ll be able to quickly develop an excellent understanding of business processes and needs, and have experience working with ambiguity in a fast paced, often challenging environment.
You will work with business experts to understand and bring to life complex business needs, working collaboratively with colleagues across all disciplines to translate requirements and needs into business solutions, propositions and operational designs, then work with your squad colleagues to see them through to realisation.
You’ll have the confidence to use a number of proven architecture and analysis ttechniques and methodologies to challenge appropriately and seek solutions to complex problems.
You’ll plan and task manage others to develop high quality deliverables. Through leadership and coaching you will ensure that your team work collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders, giving confidence in our delivery and reporting against plans.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Proven leadership experience of leading teams across small or large-scale change initiatives
- Strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Experience of leading and managing business analysts/business architects within a project or programme
- Experience of coaching and mentoring others
- Deep knowledge and understanding in many analysis and solution techniques, tools and methods and the ability to apply structured analysis expertise on assigned projects
- Experience of working with and understanding of working with multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources including 3rd party suppliers, remote staff and contractors
- End to end project lifecycle experience, from initial needs identification through design, traceability, test and go-live
- One of;
- Experience of leading 15-20+ practitioners delivering Product and Propositional complex change across multiple platforms and business units
- Experience of Business Architecture propositional design and integrity management
- Experience of leading Business Design teams delivering technical debt remediation projects and platform management/maintenance
What you'll be doing
- In collaboration with the Business Design Leadership support the development of roadmaps ensuring alignment to the Society Strategy
- Scoping, planning and defining the definition of outcomes, and creation of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), including definition of benefit profiles
- Planning and defining the approach and artefacts for Business Design to meet initiative outcomes and OKRs whilst considering sourcing, cost, time and optimum value-for-money resolution
- Lead a team of Business Designers within a Change team, using a range of “good practice” architectural and analysis techniques to translate business content into deliverables
- Provide solution architecture and analysis assurance across the Change team
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.