Service Assistant (Security)
Service Assistant (Security)
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £17,214 - £24,864
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801380
- Closing Date: 27 August 2019
• FM Assistant Security at Ramsbury House in Swindon
• £17,214 - £24,864 a year dependent of skills and experience
• Permanent, 40 hours per week
You’ll be joining a team that’s embarking on an exciting journey launching our big investment, we are working towards supporting future generations, injecting energy in the ways we work. This exciting role will play a big part in supporting our Facility Management team within Ramsbury House to ensure our business continues to grow
Who we're looking for
You’ll be an ambassador for our Facilities team to provide the most effective and efficient resolution to our building challenges that our building users could face.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have a good working knowledge of Data protection and Information Security policies
• Have a great knowledge and understanding of identifying and managing risk
• Have be computer literate, for you to use our dedicated security systems
• Be resilient, versatile and flexible, to prioritise effectively and deal with ever-changing requests.
• Be reliable, punctual and flexible
• Take ownership in your role, fostering entrepreneurial spirit and celebrate initiative -taking
• Be a supportive team player
• A problem solver who loves a bit of a challenge.
• Create innovative solutions and opportunities to enhance our building user experience
• Clear communication both written and verbal
• Ability to act quickly and decisively
It would be nice if you also had:
• Fire Evacuation and first aid training
• Previous SIA licence is preferred
What you'll be doing
As a key member within the Facility Service Team, you'll be required to deliver consistent, high quality professional support to employees through a single point of contact and for this reason Customer Service experience is key. You'll be resolving day to day facility enquiries, issues and complaints, escalating as appropriate, and resolve with service recovery
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points, permitting entry.
• Obtains help by sounding alarms and escalating where incidents occur.
• Prevents loss and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures, restricting trespassers.
• Controls traffic by directing drivers where required.
• Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities, interviewing witnesses as required.
• Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
• Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.